Me and Javier are planning a Laguna Hanson ride on Sunday (12/6). Plan is to head up early do alot of trails be at Ramonas around noon for lunch then back home.

I know you, Duane, are fairly bad-ass, and I've heard Javi is mighty fast. Would you categorize this as an advanced ride?

I know Duane too and rode the Desert Dash with him last year. I would catagorize this as a "two feet required" ride.

I know you, Duane, are fairly bad-ass, and I've heard Javi is mighty fast. Would you categorize this as an advanced ride?

Not advanced. I would think intermediate at best. We'll make sure everyone makes it without any problems. Last time we did it we kinda broke up into a couple groups with the fast riders up front and took turns running sweep but we had about eight riders so it will depend on who all wants to go. We also will stop at trail intersections to make sure everyone is still together the only thing is the slower riders don't usually get much of a break. :)

Sounds Interesting.

Staging from RSV or some place else ??? What Time???

Sounds Interesting.

No we park are trucks this side of the border, last parking lot to the right side of the road, 5.00 a day ( no bad) easy to coming back without make line.....

Sounds Interesting.

No we park are trucks this side of the border, last parking lot to the right side of the road, 5.00 a day ( no bad) easy to coming back without make line.....

there is $5.00 dlls for all day, we planning be in the parking lot at 6:30 am, ;)

Parking lot at 6:30am. Parking on the US side makes it easy to come back across and not have to wait in line or buy Mex insurance.

The route will be-ride across the border through tecate a short way into the free highway there's a turn off where we start hitting dirt to santa varonica (get gas) then onto laguna hanson have lunch and depending on the time we'll decide the return route.

Need to have- passport, bike registration, money for gas and food, some tools, and an extra tube and tire changing equipment. I'll have my GPS (rino 530 hxc) and a conection/headset for the rino radio.

Parking lot at 6:30am. Parking on the US side makes it easy to come back across and not have to wait in line or buy Mex insurance.

The route will be-ride across the border through tecate a short way into the free highway there's a turn off where we start hitting dirt to santa varonica (get gas) then onto laguna hanson have lunch and depending on the time we'll decide the return route.

Need to have- passport, bike registration, money for gas and food, some tools, and an extra tube and tire changing equipment. I'll have my GPS (rino 530 hxc) and a conection/headset for the rino radio.

Sounds Good --I am 99% in. Burr -I need to dress up. Are you topping off at RSV ? Do they have gas at that little store ??

Another Question -Are you guys CA street legal or Green Sticker. ? Never crossed the boarder with a Green Sticker.

Another Question -Are you guys CA street legal or Green Sticker. ? Never crossed the boarder with a Green Sticker.

No,I have a wr 250 no street legal with green sticker, sometimes the border officer ask you to push your bike to the parking lot, but is not to far,,,Im done this always.

Sounds Good --I am 99% in. Burr -I need to dress up. Are you topping off at RSV ? Do they have gas at that little store ??

Yeah topping off in RSV. we'll put some miles on getting there so we'll need to top of there and yes they have gallon jugs with gas at the little store.

Me and Javier are planning a Laguna Hanson ride on Sunday (12/6). Plan is to head up early do alot of trails be at Ramonas around noon for lunch then back home.

Normally I'd be "in".....but this is my son's last weekend in town for quite a while.........he heads down to MEPS on Monday and flys out to beautiful San Antonio, TX. on Tuesday to begin his 8.5 weeks of Air Force Basic Training......

[

Maybe in +1 - what kind of terrain? Any GPS tracks?

I have a track to the sawmill we did going down to watch the 1000..if anybody wants them..PM me...I cant figure out how to post on the SDAR.

Where is this gallon jug fuel station next to RSV??? We always top of at the Pemex station on Hwy 2 before we head south. does anybody have more info on that or GPS cords for the fuel?

I don't have GPS coordinates for fuel at Hacienda Sta Veronica, but it's at the convenience store across the street from the entrance to the Hotel/Restaurant.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tree and Javi, I can't make this ride.

thanks good to know

Premium or Magna?

@5.00 bucks a gallon?

it was yellowish with a minimum of sediment in the bottom of the jug

$5 a gallon two years ago..

two wheels directions should get you there... it's maybe 100 yards away from the hotel/restaurant

yhea is around $ 5.00 dlls per gallon :) but water is free :lol: ....

I don't have GPS coordinates for fuel at Hacienda Sta Veronica, but it's at the convenience store across the street from the entrance to the Hotel/Restaurant.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tree and Javi, I can't make this ride.

it's ok,,may be next ride, we planning go to mike's sky ranch next dic/19 & 20 for the weekend (saturday, back on sunday after breakfast mike's style) :lol:

I won't be able to make Dec 19-20 either.

Sometime I'll catch up with you guys and go on a ride with you.

Would a 200 cc 2-stroke with a desert tank work okay for this trip?

yhea! :lol:

Would a 200 cc 2-stroke with a desert tank work okay for this trip?

yhea! :)

How many are going on this ride tomorrow? Will it matter that it is supposed to rain a bit? Like someone else said, "we are the adventure riders!"

steve