Sign in to follow this  
pyro

Experimental Images

I've been experimenting with a fender-cam that I rigged up. So far the results are good. It is impossible to post the huge movie files I'm making, but who knows, maybe I can make you a CD with video of our next ride? Sounds cool right ?? mawAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

post-130-1163138892_thumb.jpg

post-130-1163138962_thumb.jpg

post-130-1163139012_thumb.jpg

Absoluuuutly Awesome! More more!

How about some pictures of the setup too? Maybe a how to?

Spyder

Damn thats a nice rig Troy :D Can't wait to check that out, maybe get myself in the lens as I pass you on my XR. ;)

Are you riding this weekend? It's been awhile since we kicked dust.

Jon

I hear ya Jon, we gotta get out there again dude! I signed in for the ride Carguy is leading out of Ocotillo this saturday. Ocotillo Ride The Ramona ride sounds awesome too, but I decided to take another shot at making it out to the desert this time. I got denied on my last Ocotillo attempt due to a late start, bad weather, and a sigalert involving a cement truck that toppled over on I-8 and spilled wet cement over 3.5 of 4 lanes. I picked up the pieces and had a bitchen solo ride out there in Pine Valley/Border/Otay that day, but I was still bumbed to have missed out.

Version 1 of the Fendercam died in the desert. It wasn't made to take that type of abuse, but it served it's purpose. The work on Version 2 is completed for now. The camera itself is bulletproof! Couldn't get the sound to work yet, but we will figure that out later. Check out the photos and the tricked out wiring job below. The new recorder plugs in through the phone jack that we mounted on the handlebars (see 2nd photo below). Also, here are links to the footage that I got from the old camera before it died. They are of the first 15 minutes of the Veterans Day Ride.

Ride On Amigos!

post-130-1166345143_thumb.jpg

post-130-1166345160_thumb.jpg

I don't know if you're max'ing out the camera... or that fender!! Hopefully all will hold together fine.

Cool action. Next time stop and pick up all that stuff falling off those bikes ahead of you :)

Guest stevensyanora

dont forget us when you become a zillionair from sales of the fendercam troy :o pretty cool dude Posted Image

Fendercam Version 2 after it's first test ride:

Posted Image

This morning with rain and a little snow, I stopped to thaw out my face and fingers before plugging in the new cam and blasting off. After reviewing all the footage, there are numerous upgrades needed, but it was a good first test for sure. Here's some of the unedited footage from the ride:

Dirt Test Video 1

Dirt Test Video 2

Looks like it worked great, Troy. All the way up until that blob of mud hit the lens... :o

Speaking of mud....where did that come from? Looks like a sweet ride.

videos....mmmm, sounds cool. If y'all are up for up I'm sure I can come up with something, but likely the bandwidth beast will start needing to get fed. I do this all for free (I think Randy bought me a back tire or something a couple times and some burritos, let me borrow his bike when I annoyed him with whining), but I guess if we start doing videos we'd probably have to take up some tips for the bandwidth beast, my guess is we could do a decent job for around $75 a month or so in bandwidth, so huddle and let me know what you think, definitely good on the cool scale though.

Feedback please......??

videos....mmmm, sounds cool... my guess is we could do a decent job for around $75 a month or so in bandwidth, so huddle and let me know what you think, definitely good on the cool scale though.

Feedback please......??

Save the coin as long as YouTube is free. If that changes your suggestion will be worth it.

videos....mmmm, sounds cool... my guess is we could do a decent job for around $75 a month or so in bandwidth, so huddle and let me know what you think, definitely good on the cool scale though.

Feedback please......??

Save the coin as long as YouTube is free. If that changes your suggestion will be worth it.

Google Videos is free also. I have downloaded some videos from my digital camera of 4 wheelin' in rental cars, etc. Also some videos from Sierra trips this year. Google works good also, for free.

Agreed. It's too easy to just do it for free and use links. The internet sure is cool these days. Do you remember back in the day (after Al Gore invented it) when even good pictures were hard to find? Now we can watch videos by the thousands, make free phone calls to hot Russian babes, and even find cool friends to go Adventure Riding with! Thanks for starting this thing Randy and for all the great work you put in for us UncleCameron. I know I speak for everyone when I say that SDAR is awesome, and this website is what makes it possible to do what we do. I'd probably still be riding alone 90% of the time if it wasn't for you guys. Absolutely Awesome Job! RIDE ON AMIGOS! Cheers ! :o:D:P:P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

videos....mmmm, sounds cool. If y'all are up for up I'm sure I can come up with something, but likely the bandwidth beast will start needing to get fed. I do this all for free (I think Randy bought me a back tire or something a couple times and some burritos, let me borrow his bike when I annoyed him with whining), but I guess if we start doing videos we'd probably have to take up some tips for the bandwidth beast, my guess is we could do a decent job for around $75 a month or so in bandwidth, so huddle and let me know what you think, definitely good on the cool scale though.

Feedback please......??

Unclecameron, I will buy some burritos and kick in a couple of bucks. :o

Here's a buggy that was outfitted with multiple video camera's and memory to capture the image data. It ran the Baja 1000 and took complete video of the race.

Dude thats sick! I may need to buy one of those image sensor chips!

yeah, free is good, anyway I'm just glad there's a place to meet online, really that was the original goal, I'd pass guys on DRZ's on the freeway and wonder where they were going riding, hopefully this'll become the #1 place in SD where guys (and gals) come to find out what's happening, where to ride, who's riding, and hey, maybe keep some places to ride open when others would wish us ill.

Anyway, just trying to keep things serving the community, if we become huge (meaning my colocation facility finds out how much bandwidth we REALLY use :lol: ) then we can look at it again, for now it's not slamming the server it lives on ( with a few other sites) too badly, and I enjoy it, so until things change, there you go :lol:

End of ramble...

Hey all,

I thought I'd share this, if pyro doesn't mind me taking liberties, I was watching his Fendercam video part 1, and I had some music on at the same time, when my son came by and mentioned how they matched......pretty awesome, I must say.

BTW, it's U2, and the song is "Where The Streets Have No Name".

I attached the song file, in case anybody wants to check it out.

Nice work, pyro.

Mike

You naughty, naughty boy....

Such displays of blatant holliganism. Does your mother know you carry on this way?? Wheelies on a public street. My, what will the neighbors say?? Just think of the example your setting for all the children you pass while doing this...they'll all grow up thinking it's OK to flaunt your morocycling skills.

Tsk, tsk!!

Is that a helmet cam rig?? What camera are you using?? Who's mount?? Seems to work awfully damned well, would love to see more.

Dan'l

All stunts are performed by professionals under controlled conditions. Do not ever try these yourself at home. And since you had to bring up my mom for some reason, I'll let you know that she taught me how to wheelie! If she saw this she would kick my ass for riding like such a chump!

Posted Image

Fendercam v3 is on the way. I ordered lots of new parts. Version 2 was incredibly rugged, but the image quality was less than spectacular, and having no sound was a bummer too. ((not bad for something thrown together with spare parts. Thanks to my tech supervisor Mr. Dark Plague for an awesome job on that and for all the knowledge and help.))

The third version will be upgraded with a much better camera, a powered microphone, and an interplanetary antennae linked to the onboard charged coupling devices . . . We'll see how it turns out. Stand by for more . . .

The last footage from the death of Fendercam v1 has been recovered. Note the smooth arch of the roost as it heads straight for the camera. This was the end of the line for that one. It did it's job. Mr. Dark Plague will probably build a radar dish or an energy weapon with the spare parts. Man this guy is good !

Posted Image

We are now on version 3.2 !

Posted Image

With a few mods and another awesome wiring job by Mr.Black Plague, it's all systems go. I'm stoked with the results so far. Check out some of the test rides with the links below. The file sizes on the videos are bigger, and I'm not sure how they'll play from utube. We'll see . . . Let me know what you think. Here are some links=============>

I think it turned out great. The action of other motorcycles will just make it fantastic! Imagine the action shots you will be getting of people eating chit!! I hope you will be recording the Dash.