Guest Hammerin Hammon

Amago moto trip

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I was a little Nervious when I got to Amago this morning. I was a little afraid to go out on the track on my big red pig.It was a race day on the main track but the pee wee and vet tracks were open to all. I started off by getting my wife riding the pee wee track. I watched her,took some pictures and when she got tired I wanted to try her bike. I did one lLap I decided to try to get a good picture on the double. But it was such a small jump my wife couldnt get the shot . I soon got bored looks like I gotta ride the vet track on my pig. I got on the track and couldnt believe how well my stock suspended L was working. I had a great time,never got passed, caught some good air and proved a lot of people wrong about Pigs. They do fly even stock. If only my suspension was set up for M.X instead of the pillow soft stock setting this bike could rock on a M.X track It aready does. Craig. So many people knock the 650 L, I guess I am old but I still remember seing XRs fly, I am a Baja nut were Honda dominates I cant help it but it feels good to do somthing on my bike they say cant be done. Next I will try a back flip on the pig.

post-465-1174862971_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863040_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863091_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863142_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863273_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863352_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863415_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863484_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863535_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863665_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863717_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174863788_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174934306_thumb.jpg

post-465-1174934439_thumb.jpg

post-465-1175024112_thumb.jpg

Great photos, looks like you had a lot of fun. How was the track prep? Seems like I've heard a lot of complaints lately about Amago not being prepped well, lots of rocks, etc. I am thinking of taking my son there sometime next week, it's been a long time since I've been to the track.

Tom

I did one lap but the kids on the track were so slow I decided to try to get a good picture on the double. I got booted of that track a couple minutes later so I went to my truck and sulked a while.

Don't take it personally. I'm guessing the folks running the track have to make judgements to protect against the worst:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211816

I did one lap but the kids on the track were so slow I decided to try to get a good picture on the double. I got booted of that track a couple minutes later so I went to my truck and sulked a while.

Don't take it personally. I'm guessing the folks running the track have to make snap judgements to protect against the worst:

See Joilet's comment in the members only section....."The Daddy" agrees with his position/attitude on this subject.....

Guest Hammerin Hammon

See Joilet's comment in the members only section....."The Daddy" agrees with his position/attitude on this subject.....

I wasnt sad about not getting to ride the pee wee track,I was sad because I didnt get a good air picture on my wifes bike. I had watched my wifes teacher ripping the Pee Wee track the last time I rode Amago. Also on a CRF 150. I was mostly sad that I was the only one there to ride the vet track on a XR650 L . After only one lap I had a huge smile on my face. My smile got even bigger when I got used to the track and started passing people.I dont know were to go from here,i would like to do a backflip on my 650L I will post the pictures when i pull it off.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Don't take it personally. I'm guessing the folks running the track have to make judgements to protect against the worst:

My friends are pro mx racers they practice ,cross train and race on minis. The last race they held was at Carlsbad raceway< marty Moates memorial race. I was invited but had no bike .I gotta practice somwhere. It sucks waching your friends race. Check out Photos on Vital Mm.com It was a cool race. the guy on the RM 80 is my best friend. He is one of few people who clear the 130 foot double at Glen Hellen. I was smart enough to only do one lap but I still wanted a picture for your site. We almost went to amago with only the 150. My CR. 500 is still in the shop.I am now glad I got to ride my 650L on a MX. track. I think this picture is weak I wanted her to snap it in the middle when I was much higher.

post-465-1175034145_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Next time I go to Amago I will get big air off this jump on my wifes 150, and hope she can get a good picture for you guys. No more Pee Wee tracks for me. I gotta prove her pig will fly too. I look like the big red pig in this picture.

post-465-1175051637_thumb.jpg

post-465-1175053140_thumb.jpg