My wife stole the memory card from my camera, so all I got was a couple of blackberry pics...and those will have to wait

Met Josh (klxrider) and David (steel rain) and rex aþ circle K in alpine...everybody was early, so we left earlý (REALLY hoping shock wasn't going to meet us there)

Got to the info board, and suited up, and the other josh, mike and brad rolled up

We made a decision to run up to the mine, over to the fence then hit the north side

Numerous cacti/rider interfaces, a rock coolant hose exchange and some other slow speed oops.

We have pics and videos (trials tire/30 psi/loose grade- ugly)

Brad was kind enough to ride point all day- riders close enough in speed so that there wasn't a lot of waiting

Hopefully the videos come out good- rex and I ran stagecoach backwards at as fast a pace as we were comfortable...it wasn't blazing fast, but it was pretty hot

I'll let the pictures and videos speak for themselves

It was indeed a great day. I have never ridden Jacumba before and definitely want to go back and do some more exploring.

Here are the pictures I took. I will work on getting the video I shot compiled.

June_2010_Jacumba_01.jpg

June_2010_Jacumba_02.jpg

June_2010_Jacumba_03.jpg

June_2010_Jacumba_04.jpg

June_2010_Jacumba_05.jpg

June_2010_Jacumba_06.jpg

Another great ride. Never ridden Jacumba before and I will definitely be going back. Lot's of stuff to check out out there. A big thank you to Brad for the 2 hose clamps that kept me riding. I think I am going to have to change my name to klxRIDER, klxGUY doesn't seem to be catching on with some people. Thanks everybody for a great ride.

Its was a good day. I camped out with Brad and Josh sat night. Nice fire, food and company. Hooked up with the others in the morning. Got meet some new people and ride with many for the first time. It was a good pace, with good riders, and great terrain. Thanks to all.

Good riding with you guys, I had a lot of fun.

jbw, briana and I headed out saturday and rode the area and met up with xrbum in the evening. briana headed back to town saturday evening after mike arrived and setup camp. The three of us just chilled out and got some ZZZZ's before the early sunday ride.

our camp.

4719936548_33bdd22906_b.jpg

the sportsmobile. I really like this rig.

4719285137_c2539c6efc_b.jpg

agave shot from saturdays ride

4719282071_f289d85371_b.jpg

we got up and met the others and had a great ride, not much else to say. Everyone brought there A game and we got it done. Nice meeting rex and josh. good to ride with the rest of you guys as always.

I will post a video or two soon...

bob, here is the first video, the song vehicle was copyrighted so sound got disabled :lol: I'll redo it but here is a preview, please watch in HD.

Great pics and video. Jacumba is a cool place to ride. Looks like an awesome day.

nice video... the drop off to the left looks scary on video, but I never even notice it riding the trail. and I didn't puke watching it... started getting a headache behind my left eye just as it ended... thanks for loaning me the camera Brad... rex looks good... must be a magic camera :lol:

The pic with everybody huddled around the blck DRZ was when steel rain lost both bolts to his seat... bum had some stainless steel zipties, so we had a temporary fix

klxdude laid his bike on it's side, and steel rain gave him some miracle tape, and brad supplied some hose clamps.

Pretty typical SDAR ride... everybody pitching in to keep the ride going.

Saw the Sportsmobile stopped on 8 west at Main st. as I was heading east....hope all is good

Saw the Sportsmobile stopped on 8 west at Main st. as I was heading east....hope all is good

THat was almost ugly. The inner tie down popped. Thank god I had thought about that happening. I take the extra strap and tie it to the eyes of the hooks. When the ratchet part quit the hand tied part of the strap kept the bike from falling to the freeway. I worried about that before I left sat and thought I should double up the inner. Thats what I ended up doing at main.

Excellent video..

Slut - It was definitely the camera that made me look good because I felt like I bounced off every rock on that trail.. The camera sure does smooth things out as the trail is MUCH rougher than it looks in the video.

Bum - Glad to hear you came out of that with no damage..

I felt like I bounced off every rock on that trail..

I know that feeling... But a "good" ride includes hitting every Cactus also. Last night I pulled out 38 more "thorns" and this morning I have found 6 more so far.

Bum, glad to hear your planning paid off, that could have really sucked!

check this video out, it came out pretty rad. let it buffer for a few minutes and come back and watch it.

Apropriate song with video. A Rock and a Hard Place. Awsome video or in the words of Kelly " Bitchin "

Sweet... Thanks Brad.. That came out great.. This is the first time I have ever scene video of myself.. I am normally the one shooting it.

Does anyone have video of the other side of that trail? I am wondering if the camera will make that looks smoother as well. Nice vid!

That came out great Brad- thanks for taking the time to edit it, add the soundtrack, and download it...

That looked like fun...let's do it again!

After my get-off in Jacumba, then going to Corral Canyon for someputting around my hand and forearm were starting to hurt. While unloading the Pretty One came out to help and asked if I had hurt myself... I had to admit I had a slight tumble, and she starting inspecing me later that evening. After enough nagging I went tomy doctor Monday afternooon. I should not have went.......

e8qq1i.jpg

Yes that is a broken 3rd metacarpal... again. It will heal over time, but I am going to be even slower than usual for a while.

:angel: "I should not have went"

Yeah- it wouldn't be broken except for the frickin X ray...stupid doctors...:beach:

Well, heal up David...take it easy, and the desert will still be there in 6-8 weeks. It'll be hotter than Hell but it will be there

Time to take the Doc's advice and not do any riding for a while. Hope it heels well.

Time to take the Doc's advice and not do any riding for a while. Hope it heels well.

Funny thing....

There is not much that can be done for the 3rd Metacarpal (it is the bone in the hand below the middle finger).

Doc told me "Take it easy, try not to fall on your hand again" I always wanted a doctor like Dr [Claudio] Costa, I think I may have finally found one. Dude rides also, so if he says I can ride on super mellow rides and for commuting I am going to try to keep riding. He did give me a stabilizing thing that I will be trying out.

I think most of my riding for the next few weeks will be with my girl (her TTR 125 and a VERY NEW rider) and commuting