there... I think I remembered everyone

I showed up at Pine Valley about 6, and zoot was already there... sd mxer, dstss, guest and ktmlicious showed up a little later... here are some pics of zoot socializing with some of SDARs finest....

ktm-licious and zoot

DSCN3628.jpg

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3624.jpg

DSCN3631.jpg

fenix arrived late due to a discussion with the CHP on the way... So we started about 15 minutes late... I asked sd mxer to lead the guys, and fenix and I would catch up... famous last words, right? Well apparently guest was part of the first group, but they didn't know it... so when he stopped for a litttle flat repair, he was all alone. You can't miss the bumblebee colors of the mighty DR650...

DSCN3632.jpg

DSCN3633.jpg

yep.. that one won't hold air.... think he got the bikeslut curse?

DSCN3634.jpg

So we unpacked the tools and tubes, and went to work; unfortunately, the axle gave us a fit, and wouldn't budge... we finally outsmarted the inanimate object, and had the tire back on in no time...

DSCN3635.jpg

back on the road, we hit Kernan... guest had a small getoff and bent his bars... when we got to the crossroads, guest had lost one of the small bolts holding the axle, we knew that the other was stripped, so he decided to call it a day... can't say I blame him one bit... he had made plans for the day with dstss and fenix, so the three of them headed back on the road

photos from the trail

note to anybody... my wife wants a picture JUST LIKE THIS to post in her office... except with ME as the rider.. :) ... I THINK that is what she said... maybe she said she wants Dominic to ber her husband? At any rate... if any of you fotogs go riding with me, and see an opportunity like this, please remind me

DSCN3647.jpg

some goofing around on trail 2

DSCN3642.jpg

DSCN3641.jpg

DSCN3640.jpg

DSCN3639.jpg

motley crew

DSCN3645.jpg

trail 1... first pic is klxrider... it was not NEAR this bad in person... the pic makes it look much worse... he was in total control

DSCN3653.jpg

DSCN3655.jpg

DSCN3654.jpg

some pics from trail 9- rated black diamond, but not that hard

DSCN3656.jpg

DSCN3657.jpg

DSCN3660.jpg

How can you have a Zen Party without Don? It was unfulfilling to say the least... klxrider seemed to not mind

DSCN3663.jpg

that's about all the decent photos, and about half of the terrible ones...

thanks for the ride guys...

Did zoot run anyone over???? its not a day unless he does :) nice pics sorry i missed this one, sick two year old kind of puts a damper on any plans.

zoot was apparently on his best behavior... no collisions (no crashes I don't think)... no mechanicals... no run ins with the CHP...no flats...

There's this little thingie that has little rotation marks and arrows on the icon (well...two of them actually). Should be in the program that helps you edit, either on your desktop or in the online gallery where you host your pictures. If you click on one of them your sideways picture will magically not be sideways anymore. If you click on the wrong one, your picture will be upside down, but if you click on it two more times, it will magically be rightside up. You should try it sometime. :)

That's weird...all of the pictures ARE right side up on my computer and my blackberry

Disappointing day but thats the way it goes sometimes. I was looking forward to a Bikeslut guided tour of the area. Thanks for helping Wade out on the trail. I'll look forward to another ride another day.

All appear correct on mine......whatever glitch it was fixed issself. Cruisers just makin' friends at the Frosty. :)

Sorry to have missed this one but did get the DR mostly back together.

Hmmmm, It appears that my computer is sideways. Pics 5,7 are sideways in the first post and pics 3, 4, 5 are sideways in the second post. :):blink: I just looked at the thread on my laptop and all the pictures are rightside up. Go figure...

Great ride Bob, learned some new trails and had a lot of fun.

They're sideways on my computer too. Hmmm. Slut, thanks for the pics and the ride! That was a great group of folks and a ton of fun. I DID have one low speed get off on trail 6 whilst attempting to use the force to guide me over rocks I couldn't see in the lingering dust of sdmxer. Practice paduan, practice.. :) And of course my over heating pumpkin precluded me from riding the last part of the 8/9 'sploration. Grrrr I guess it's time to dust off that jug of engine ice I have sitting on my work bench.

Alas, I simply saw no opportunity to run anyone over

Thanks again for the ride and the company folks!

Disappointing day but thats the way it goes sometimes. I was looking forward to a Bikeslut guided tour of the area. Thanks for helping Wade out on the trail. I'll look forward to another ride another day.

we'll do it again... either after summer, or during a cold spell. It's really close to my house, so I can run over there prety easily

Mimi- it IS weird... the pictures ARE sideways now :)

Oh well; tilt your head :blink:

Great ride, awesome trails just the right amount of dificulty to have lots of fun and still be safe, thanks bike slut and sd mxer for leading.

note to anybody... my wife wants a picture JUST LIKE THIS to post in her office... except with ME as the rider..

Great and amusing write up. (I love BS's sense of humour).....Nice pics too and they are all perfect on my read, not sideways?....... thanks...and yes, what can I say...women like flowers I guess....even some who ride dirt bikes... :D

.Nice pics too and they are all perfect on my read, not sideways?.....

They all look okay on my computer now, too. :D

Thanks to the group for the ride and especially to bikeslut for all the help along the way. I had a good time and learned a lot.

3rd picture on post 6 is sideways.

a few more sideways pictures

DSCN3664.jpg

ever try to kick a left side kicker? grrrrrr...

DSCN3652.jpg

DSCN3650.jpg

DSCN3643.jpg

crossroads- that's dstss, his son fenix and guest from san diego... reminder... dstss drove all the way from Yuma to ride from Pine Valley to Kernan/Stokes crossroads... that's a bummer

DSCN3638.jpg

I brought the DRZ in case dstss and crew wanted a DS ride afterward, or in case a bike broke down... unfortunately, by the time we needed it we were too far away... fake name... I would like you to notice that I shined up the plastic on the drz (plastic re-nu) after a thorough wash, oil change, air filter clean and TWO... count 'em TWO new tires (MT43 for the summer)

DSCN3626-1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ?????

Now the pictures are sideways again in the first two posts.

C'mon, you are messing with us, right? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ?????

I think it is your monitor........or something.......they all looked fine until you said something :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::) ?????

well, I can say with all sincerity, I am not manipulating the existing posts, or my photobucket account at all :lol:

not saying I WOULDN'T do it, but that I am not doing it ;)

:lol:

oooo a left kicker!!! soon mine will join the parade. PS all the fotos are proper over here.