til that black thing got in the way

IMG00801.jpg

this one's for mimim cuz I personally never really look at the flowers

IMG00796.jpg

then, I ran over to Corrl to meet kellymac for the first time

IMG00809.jpg

does that gas tank look familiar? Paul?

We'll see more gas tank pictures a little bit later

I ran lead up to Four Corners, and stupidly kept stopping to make sure he was there... HE kept letting me get ahead, so he could ride dust free... D'OH!

kellymac is plenty quick...:lol:

You KNOW when a guy you never met says "you seem tired" that you are just slow... yeah... that's it... I'll take the "tired" excuse!

We did kernan, 1, 2, 6, 4, 3, 3A, 5, and 11, spur, then ran up to the lookout

wherethe caretakers dog knocked kelly's camera from his hand, and broke it...

then we took the paved road down... at this point kelly had given up any hope that I could ride fast enough to keep him amused

I was JUST out of his dust cloud, and riding pretty poorly at this point (MORE poorly than usual)

as I crested a rise:

IMG00812.jpg

another pic of that gas tank

IMG00813.jpg

busted his petcock (that's the gas thingie under the tank)

we were 2 miles from the truck, so we sloshed all the remaining fuel to the unbusted side, and took off

a couple more random pics

IMG00811.jpg

IMG00810.jpg

Looks like you had a nice ride.. Hopefully Kelly did not hurt that wrist when he fell..

Looks like you had a nice ride.. Hopefully Kelly did not hurt that wrist when he fell..

I told him to suck it up... he'll survive

I did have a biff on 3A... that trails is tough... not even FUN tough..just ass-kicking

Kelly rode very well all day.. except for that ONE second

I usually ride with more tire pressure than most cuz I'd rather have less traction and limit my pinch flats. When I go to Jacumba, I add a few more. This, along with my already limited abilities, doesn't help in sand.

I had arm pump so bad from wrestling the bike I had to stop occasionally to shake it out. It was 40 and blowin' when we launched but the jacket went in the tail bag in short order after BS & FN led a workout ride. Beautiful day, nobody else out, and nobody got hurt. Not to say I didn't try. Fell uphill, got the bike up & going, fell on the downside...finally went back down and redid it. Good times.

CIMG1519.jpg

CIMG1520.jpg

Slut & Fakey on an overlook. My arms were gone at this point so I didn't venture down the ugly nasty rocky trail. (I knew we were headed back up the same stuff to get back already)

CIMG1522.jpg

CIMG1527.jpg

CIMG1528.jpg

CIMG1531.jpg

CIMG1534.jpg

Slut's in there somewhere..comin' down stagecoach.

CIMG1538.jpg

CIMG1537.jpg

didnt even hardly fall...front wheel just rolled off of the side of a small rock and tucked the front end on a down hill.

i dont even have a scratch, but the bike slid a little down the hill and must have hit the valve on a rock....bam...no more petcock, no more way to keep the fuel in the tank....i turned the bike up hill and laid it on its right side. bob and i tried to fiddle with it and see if we could jimmy rigg it, to no avail, so we just sloshed as much fuel as we could to the right side of the tank {fortunately i only had 1 or 1.5 gals left}

forced the broken valve back in there as tight as we could and pinned it to the truck.

didnt drop much fuel on the ground at all, but my boot was soaked when we got to the truck....still a great day all in all.

Bob thanx for the tour and the fun...and i never said you rode like you were tired...i said you LOOKED tired.... :lol: great day

here are a few of my pics from my now broken camera.....

321.jpg

dang i stink at this computer stuff....i wiggle thru photobucket somehow but im sure there are better ways....good thing i can carry drywall... :lol:

fakey, trophy..looks like you guys had a great morning, i woke up at about 4:45 am and thought "i outta load up and buzz out early to jaumaca and ride with all those guys"

from the pics now i wish i would have...looks like you guys had a nice morning

hopefully soon i can get out with a few more of you guys and hit the trail... :lol:

Yup, that petcock is the weak link of the big tanks. I fabricated a guard on the front bracket to protect it.

Excuses:

1. His tank is different, and does not seem to have the front brackets on which my guard is based.

2. My tank is not currently on the bike, thus I'm unable to photograph the guard in it's appropriate context.

3. I'm lazy and no-good and will never amount to anything.

p

Yup, that petcock is the weak link of the big tanks. I fabricated a guard on the front bracket to protect it.

yeah fakey if you ever can get a pic of the guard you made i would love to see it, i gotta do something.

not only is the petcock the weak link, the corners of the tank seem to take a bit of abuse. i have only laid it over 2 or 3 times since i put my tank on and the corners are all gouged up. the left side is ground off flat on the corner.....trying to figure out a total corner and petcock gaurd

that's what sick days are for...

at Corral, we saw at least 4 trucks at 4 corners, and a few in each campground... that was odd

and like EVERY OTHER TIME at Jacumba... the only people we saw were SDAR people... as a unofficial OHV spot, with no improvements or anything, it tends to get ignored on places like thumpertalk. I plan on keeping it that way...

Nice write up and great pics (thanks for the flowers too <_< ) this cool weather is great, extending the eastern riding season...

You'd love it Debbie...the area is as easy or as tough as you make it... You can explore quite a bit on easy trails or ride trails that you have really focus on...

Plenty of easy/moderate exploring to do. Unless BS or FN lead. Great trail Chi by both. Fun but a workout (for me).

that's what sick days are for...

at Corral, we saw at least 4 trucks at 4 corners, and a few in each campground... that was odd

and like EVERY OTHER TIME at Jacumba... the only people we saw were SDAR people... as a unofficial OHV spot, with no improvements or anything, it tends to get ignored on places like thumpertalk. I plan on keeping it that way...

yeah we saw 4 trucks at 4 corners but i think most of those were the trailers for the side by sides we saw with those jeeps on the road down from the lookout tower.

best thing was, even with the trucks there, we never ran into another bike on the trails, not one anywhere.

just perfect....if only the last bike through had moved that 1 little rock that eats petcocks... <_<

that tank is huge!!! good move to get back in under that condition. nice shots, glad you enjoyed the ride.

My habit is to switch tanks according to the ride, mostly its my oem peanut but for s of border the ims comes out. for ds that biggie prolly makes life easier. good stuff. R

that tank is huge!!! good move to get back in under that condition. nice shots, glad you enjoyed the ride.

My habit is to switch tanks according to the ride, mostly its my oem peanut but for s of border the ims comes out. for ds that biggie prolly makes life easier. good stuff. R

i agree that swapping tanks is easy enough but that tank really is not that uncomfortable and it is nice to gas up and go for a whole day or ride to the track and do laps and ride home all on one tank.

the only issue with the tank is that the petcocks hang low.

im gonna order 2 petcocks, one to replace the broken one and one to put in my stock tank so it will be easy to swap tanks with out have to swap valves.

robert..bikeslut tells me you really know mccain, sometime i would like to ride there and bob says you are the man there.

do you ever ride week days there?

Kelly- there is a reason I sent that as a PM

I have a reputation here

Speaking well of anybody other than myself could do irrepairable harm to that reputation

Please consider editing your posT

;):lol:

Kelly- there is a reason I sent that as a PM

I have a reputation here

Speaking well of anybody other than myself could do irrepairable harm to that reputation

Please consider editing your posT

;):lol:

i never said that you said he was a GOOD man....just THE man, maybe you said "The BAD man" "the LOUSY man"

:D

robert i never said you were lousy or bad...you should here what bikeslut said about you.... :lol:

is that better bob? ;)