Joliet

Mickey's Search and facebook thread

Done.

I know we've all been praying and keeping positive thoughts for his safe return.

Doug/Missy - Thanks for reaching out - I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're all family and we're all here to help however we can.....

Brings a tear as I think of my own Mickey. Hope all will end well. Where was the blanket found?

Put it on the Sportsmobile clubs website.

the post that zracing linked was actually very informative, if not particularly well written...

facebook, myspace, email campaign... I'll be doing it all

Does anyone know what kind of investigation was done at the site of the Jeep?

None that I know of. It was still unlocked on the Thursday when we got there to check everything out. So it was sitting unlocked for 4 days with random back country travelers coming across it.

Where was the blanket found?

That would be my next question as well....

Will do, and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family....very disheartening.....my son is the same age.....

Reading thru the posts, I found this one.

Missy YssiM For anyone who has access to 4wd (small vehicles only), dirt bikes, etc and can handle extreme conditions feel free to look around the area- Jeep was found here: N33 02.917 W116 17.900 For those willing to do some serious hiking, this is where the blanket was found: N33 03.875 W116 17.239 , about 1.5 mi from the Jeep (no vehicle access, hiking only)

Hope and well wishes to the family.

I had read the Jeep Recovery posting too after I gained access to the MO board and just assumed that Mickey was probably just grounded for a long, long time.

I'm sorry, I had no idea he was gone.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Lee

Reading thru the posts, I found this one.

Missy YssiM For anyone who has access to 4wd (small vehicles only), dirt bikes, etc and can handle extreme conditions feel free to look around the area- Jeep was found here: N33 02.917 W116 17.900 For those willing to do some serious hiking, this is where the blanket was found: N33 03.875 W116 17.239 , about 1.5 mi from the Jeep (no vehicle access, hiking only)

I punched in the location, and it put me in fish creek wash.

I have nothing going Sunday, so if anyone is heading out for a hike please let me know.

I punched in the location, and it put me in fish creek wash.

I have nothing going Sunday, so if anyone is heading out for a hike please let me know.

Per the Facebook page it appears a large group of hikers/bikes/jeepers/etc. may mobilize next weekend.....I'll post more once Doug/Missy decide how they want to proceed.....

I created a .gpx file to assist and posted it in this thread over on ADV Rider (gpx file is attached to post 12) : http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558402

Per the Facebook page it appears a large group of hikers/bikes/jeepers/etc. may mobilize next weekend.....

Damn, that is no good for me as I am ON next weekend. I am still open for Sun, Thurs if anyone else is up for it.

Was the blanket Mickey's. The newspaper article said the deputies found a blanket but did not state if it was positively identified as belonging to Mickey. If the blanket was Mickey’s then that is the place to start. If not then we should start at the car. Bring a gps and camera.

I will be going out Sun 14. Needed to get some off roading in and have nothing else going. I keep looking at these maps and wish I was more familiar with the whole area.

I should be out there the 21st... If anybody will be out the 20th and needs to borrow a gps, radio, spot; I have all 3

Was the blanket Mickey's. The newspaper article said the deputies found a blanket but did not state if it was positively identified as belonging to Mickey. If the blanket was Mickey’s then that is the place to start. If not then we should start at the car. Bring a gps and camera.

Very good point......blanket could lead everyone in the wrong direction if it wasn't taken from the jeep in the first place......I'll ask the question over on Mickey's Facebook page......

even if the blanket were mickey's it doesnt mean he took it with him when he got out of the car. if he got out and walked and the car was left open or a window down any number of animals may have dragged the blanket off. it is a great starting point for a group to leave from, but i dont think it should be the ONLY search point.

if a coyote, racoon, bobcat, crow or any number of other animals got ahold of the blanket they may have smelt all of the human pheromones and possibly any food smells in the fabric, drug it off and realized it had nothing for them and dropped it.

just a thought to not get TOO focused on 1 thing that may or may not be important.

im really sad for his family and hope and pray for a good outcome