KTMrad

This Just In....Yeah - Seqouia Scenic Challenge

I'm goin' !! Damon used to put on some of the best challenging rides around, and this area is great for it ! If you've never ridden in the Kernville - Lake Isabella area, here's your chance. I did every one of these Seqouia Rides from 1995 until the last one around 2002.

From Damon Powell.......Team Dual Dogs........

Ride FLYER Here

I would like to announce the Team Dual Dogs 20 year anniversary ride at Lake Isabella is scheduled for June 11, 12 & 13.

A mid-May ride is too risky and talks of a El Nino year of storms (If it ever happens) is still predicted. Several roads are not open until Memorial weekend and my plan is to ride as much of the high country as possible with hopes for a BBQ at The Ponderosa.

Look for more info and ride flyer soon at our website in the next few weeks.

Wow that sounds awesome.

But, I will be on my Honeymoon! Maybe I will find some dirtbikes in Hawaii!

I rode in Kauai about 10 years ago. If you can, it's worth whatever they charge. RIding through the cane fields was amazing.

Oh- best wishes on your nuptials!

p

Christi, there used to be a guy who rented dualsports and took you riding.......not sure if he's still around. Look it up on the internet.

Another reason I'm goin'........it's around my birthday, it was always near my Birthday and this ride was a great B-day celebration !

Sounds great....that is one of my favorite areas of california, but I haven't been there since I started dual sporting.....really look forward to it...

Fun area for family vacations...I've white water rafted, camped, fished, kayaked, motorboated, hiked, tubed, etc etc...

Iam heading back east the following week, so timing could be tricky....just have to see how Work is doing...but I'd like to do that...

Rider flyer link posted in first post.

I'm goin' on this one........it will be an epic ride in the southern Sierra. This ride will be celebrating my birthday !

For those who want to attempt the difficult routes, I suggest you are experienced with riding tough singletrack in the mountains. If you can ride the most difficult trails in Corral Canyon without trouble, then you can do these........if you have trouble with difficult trails at Corral Canyon, you probably want to skip the difficult routes on this ride. The difficult trails on this ride are much longer than the trails at Corral Canyon. If people ride the difficult trails but their skill level is not up to it, then they cause trail damage and bottlenecks for the other riders, creating delays for everyone on the ride.

Suggestion to see if you are up to riding the difficult trails on this Seqouia ride.......go ride the new singletrack at Corral Canyon....if you can do that without much trouble, than you can probably ride the difficult trails on this ride.

Looks like fun. What kind of camping do they have? Showers? I only have a tent, are there cabins available to rent? I sent my brother an email to see if he wants to go also. I will try to make it, but can't promise anything.

Please read the Ride Flyer.........and look up links to lodging in the area. I believe Live Oak Campground is National Forest, so look it up in the Seqouia National Forest Campgrounds. Plenty of motels and stuff in Kernville / Lake Isabella area.

Yes, they have showers at the campground.

So who else is going to plan on this ride ??

It's always been one of the best rides of the year........and if you like challenging, tough singletrack trails, this ride it for you.