Crawdaddy

I'm TERRIBLE with details.....

Watch page 1/post 1 of THIS thread for updates on last minute/Terrible details:

Don't forget to download the tracks/view the map to familiarize yourself with the game plan for each day.....Strega is hosting this info on his website:

Map: http://stregalicious.com/moto/primm10/map/

.gpx: http://stregalicious.com/moto/primm10/tracks/Primm_Loops.gpx

.gdb: http://stregalicious.com/moto/primm10/tracks/Primm_Loops.gdb

Thursday

- Roger and I will be heading out to Primm on Thursday afternoon…….once we have our room number I’ll post it over in the Members only forum along with our cell numbers for those of you who don’t already have that info….

Friday

- I’m NOT that familiar with Buffalo Bills……I know there’s a main bar on the gaming floor…..the default plan right now is for Roger and I to be loitering in that area on Friday night between 7-9pm…….we’ll both be wearing black baseball caps so you can find us easily……so track us down (if you wish) to ask any last minute questions/pick up a map…….otherwise we’ll see ya over at Bonnie Springs on Sat morning…..

Saturday

- The first Sat track starts by crossing through a gate in a chain link fence behind the covered parking structure in the Whiskey Pete’s parking lot.....

- We’re pegging a time of ~10:30am at Bonnie Springs for a "Terrible Riders" group photo…..

Most riders will probably arrive at Bonnie Springs sometime between 9am and 10:30……I don’t really want to take the group photo any later than 10:30 to be fair to the early birds who want to spend more time over in Red Rock Canyon……so some riders may have already have eaten by 10:30 and be ready to resume the ride, some riders may be in the middle of breakfast, and some others may just be arriving at Bonnie Springs at 10:30.....that's fine......it's your day/your ride......we can all just take a few moments and step outside for Fakename to work his magic with the camera.......thanks Paul.

The 10:30 peg *should* allow ample time to get to Blue Diamond, gas up, and reach Bonnie Springs (provided folks push out no later than 7:30)…….folks leaving around 8am probably won’t make it in time unless they opt to take the morning bypass which may trim ~15 minutes or so but probably won't trim enough time.........I encourage everyone to start early and enjoy the ride rather than just pounding it out to make time....………(admittedly, my sense of time required to get to Bonnie Springs might be a tad bit distorted since Aaron and I were in no rush when we laid this out and we were establishing tracks versus following tracks.....we also took a few spurs that I deleted from the eventual tracks that wound up in the master GPS file……but I think it’s a solid 2.5 hours to Bonnie Springs for most/casual riders when you include time for photos/gas)

Bottom line: it’s ~45 miles to gas and another ~ 6 (paved) miles to Bonnie Springs ……..leave early so you can ride at a relaxed pace, average out to ~20mph or better (inclusive of stops for photos/gas), and you'll make it by 10:30 (easily)…..

-Brim your gas tank in Blue Diamond....it's ~95 miles back to Primm

- The default plan for Sat night is to gather once again at the main bar in Buffalo Bills around 8pm (that’ll allow folks plenty of time to get showered up/eat before mingling/telling lies about the day’s ride)

Sunday

- Sunday’s first track leaves from the SE corner of the Primm Valley resort…..DO NOT RIDE ON THE DRY LAKE BED......~$5,000 fine......

- No brunch/lunch stop on Sunday……so pack some food (and gas?) to hold you over until you reach the Shell station ~115 miles away…….

- GO Chargers!.......in the late afternoon, you'll probably find me in the Sport's Book area watching the Chargers pound the Jets into submission.....

Cool! Thanks for laying it all out, Chris!

...Hope my wrist heals before this weekend..hurt it from taking Bronco peak trail down at Corral on Saturday.

...Hope my wrist heals before this weekend..hurt it from taking Bronco peak trail down at Corral on Saturday.

It'll probably be too cold to bother you in the morning........and once the ride gets under way you'll be having too much fun to care.......

George I can wrap and tape your wrist in the morning if you'd like. But like Chris said, it will be too cold and you won't care you'll be having too much fun :unsure:

George I can wrap and tape your wrist...

To the bike??

I'm sure it will be tons of fun! Going to come home and get the bike ready. =)

…….we’ll both be wearing black baseball caps so you can find us easily……so track us down (if you wish) to ask any last minute questions/pick up a map…….otherwise we’ll see ya over at Bonnie Springs on Sat morning…..

Roger printed up some slick SDAR baseball caps.......those at the meeting last night saw'em......black caps/SDAR logo offset on the front.....we'll both be wearing'em at the bar......find us, ask any questions, if not - see ya at breakfast in Bonnie Springs on Sat.....

Here's an overhead map of Buffalo Bills: http://www.zyppy.net/zjunk/buffalo_bills_parking.jpg

I labeled the different parking areas; thought it might be helpful if you need to tell someone you plan to park in a certain area.

I'm driving my self-contained camper van. Not sure where most people will be parking, but if we all happen to park in a general area I can be the guard monkey. I'll probably hang out in either lot 1 or 6. Look for this:

post-1009-1263499869.jpg

I'll probably be leaving SD around noon.

Glad your going to make it Zina! If I remember right there is motorcycle parking right in front of the main entrance where the guys hang out for Valet parking. I'm going to check that area out first and if it looks safe just unload my bike and leave it there.

Tracy- where do we hook up with you for buffet tickets?

I'll be at the bar Friday night or you can give me a call. I am going to see if they will hand them out when you check in. That may be a little sketchy though

'tween the two, I'd vote for lot 1. In the front, more traffic, no highly transient (trucker helpers) traffic.

We'll be at the Tree Bar in the middle from 7-9pm Fri night so bring $ for your shirt if you ordered one. I had a few extra shirts printed so you might be able to snag one if you didn't get one ordered. We'll be back at the bar on Sat night by 8pm we think. Cya at Bonnie Springs between 9:30-10:30am on Sat!!

N2TM is camped out in his toyhauler, pulled by a suberban in the lot behind Buffalo bills. That looks like a pretty secure area for us stage from. We met the security guy and he seems pretty cool. Im thinking we should just claim that spot.