I needed a shake-down for the bike before Primm next week, so headed out about 1030 with 6.6 gallons of fuel and no plan. Went over the Coronado bridge, down Sliver Strand, through IB then south to the 905.

East to Harvest road- played in the trails there a bit, then east across the meadow to Otay Mountain. Spent some time in the area immediately south, just east of the power plant, then rode up the advanced path to Otay Mountain Trail.

monument250-0247.jpg

Explored some of the antenna tower areas, (yes, I know this tower is for power transmission)

monument250-0248.jpg

then Ridge road to the GIANT gate. Through the unlocked gate, down the hill and right on Monument 250 Road.

monument250-0249.jpg

I had not been on that road for a few years, and at that time, once it cleared the flatlands, it was not much of a trail, and it ended at Monument 250. Now it's like a damn freeway carved into the mountain. I know Ken and co had explored the are a bit several weeks ago. I loved that road. Yes, it's easy- even something as big as a 57 Chevy or a GS can ride it, but I enjoyed the scenery a lot.

monument250-0250.jpg

monument250-0251.jpg

monument250-0253.jpg

monument250-0255.jpg

Along the way, a kind border patrol agent let me know I was not supposed to be riding in that area. The Otay part was fine- it's BLM land, but the road went in and out of private lands- thus the gate. He was kind enough to let me ride through, and eventually the road emptied out onto Otay Mountain Trail. No signs or anything, very non-descript. As the road's not marked or gated from that direction, I'd suggest getting out and riding the road before it's closed. I can provide coordinates for the turns. Won't be long before it's closed off completely.

Back down the mountain and back the same way home. Used about half the tank.

Nice ! Looked like fun.....sure was a beautiful day....I was wishing I could have gotten out for a ride....but REALLY had to take down what I would at this point call the Christmas "desert shrub"..

you could resupply the national fuel stocks with that tank! nice ride

Yes, I just swapped it out with the 3.1 for the Primm ride. No need for the tanker on that ride. Bike is looking slim and trim.

Maybe not the rider, but....