As with all vacations, I just wish it was longer.My wife, son and I took off after work on Thursday and drove until about midnight. I pulled into a truck stop, planning on sleeping for a couple of hours, but the bed felt really good, so I didn't get going again until the sun came up. We rolled into Beaver about noon, set up camp, and had lunch.

DSC06864.jpg

After lunch I walked over to the office to find out how to get to the trail, and what they recommended for some easy loops. The campground just changed ownership, and the new people didn't know how to even get on the trail. They recommended talking to the people at the sporting goods store, so we unhooked the truck, and headed into town. I went to the ranger station and got a map and a stern lecture about only riding on trails open for ATVs. We stopped at the sporting goods store next and chatted with them for a little bit. The shortest loop from Beaver was 63 mi. and 4 or 5 mi. to the trailhead. I didn't think that was going to work for us, so we broke out the maps and decided where we should go. The big flat area seemed perfect, but my wife wanted to have hookups, so we decided Marysvale was in our future. Since the day was shot for riding anyhow we headed out to our new campground. It was a nice place too, brand new and clean. The owners were very knowledgeable and gave us a couple options for loops to ride the next day. The UTV Jamboree was in town , so we hopped on the bike to check it out. It was pretty small, but everyone was very friendly and there was some cool Rhinos and such to check out.

Day 2 finally got us on the trail. We did a loop that took us to Miner's Park, which had a bunch of cool old mining equipment on display. The trail out was a lot of fun. It was wide and smooth and had a bunch of twisties and up and downs. We ended up spending a lot time walking around and checking everything out and playing in the creek.

DSC06891.jpgDSC06894.jpg

DSC06887.jpg

DSC06907.jpg

DSC06875.jpg

DSC06914.jpg

On the way back, I saw a side trail up to Bullion Falls, and it was only a mile so we decided to check it out. It turned out to be a pretty nasty trail, steep and rocky.

DSC06921.jpg

Everyone made it up okay, but Robert got hung up on a rock on the way down, and when his quad came off it, he was on the gas and almost lost control. It shook him up pretty good. We got off that trail, and took a dirt road back to camp. Robert wasn't up for an afternoon ride, so we went back to the Jamboree and hung out there for a while.

More to come.......

The route for day 3 was a pretty easy one to the east of town. The terrain was completely different, no trees and gently rolling hills. We followed a river for a little bit.

DSC06923.jpg

DSC06925.jpg

At one point, we took a little spur trail to another campground for a little break. It was our only water crossing for the trip. I was ahead of Robert, so I didn't see how fast he hit it, but he got enough water in the engine to kill it.

DSC06932.jpg

DSC06934.jpg

DSC06936.jpg

After a little closer inspection, I noticed the clamp that holds the airbox to the carb. was left loose, and they had separated, so the engine was getting unfiltered air for who knows how long. The engine started right up after everything was back together, and we were off again. After our break we check out a few other trails in the area, then headed back to camp. After a little break we decided to head back up to Miner's park to splash around in the water again. We got back a little before dark, and decided to pack up and head out that night so we wouldn't have to do it all the next day.

All in all, it was a really good trip. The things that didn't go right were just because we didn't know the area. I am sure we will be back, and we'll have a lot more information to go on. I don't think I realized just how big of an area the whole trail system is. You could probably make 10 trips out there and still not ride the same area twice, and it would take even more time to ride all the trails.

All in all, it was a really good trip.

Looks like it.......thanks for sharing.....

Glad to hear you made it there and enjoyed it. Sounds like some adventures were had and that's what it's all about. I've been going there for 18 years now, lately multiple trips each summer and still find new stuff everytime.

Nice write up and pics. Wish some of this great stuff was closer to home.

You're right, you can go there many times and it seems there's always a new trail to ride. I'm glad that Marysvale worked out so well for you. Big Flats would'a been a great place to camp but it's way up there and it's real isolated. Utah is an outdoor recreation paradise. I'm going back there next week !!!!!!!!!!