Guest stevensyanora

adventure riders in the anza borergo

Guest stevensyanora

We were at it aqain :P with a early call out @ ramona ,we met some old friends and made some new ones at the mobil station in ramona ..after stageing we headed for a meeting with the the secound cell of riders who where waiting at the gas station in Julian ..10 riders took off sweeping through banner grade and up into Chariot canyon with a stop at the top of oliflame canyon Posted Image

before running down into oriflame and out lower Rodriguez to high way S2 .. Desert traffic wasnt to bad for a sat. we encountered a few trucks in rodriguez and a few hikers and mtn bikers , we all slowed and politely passed our slower travelers,,,we have to project a positive image you know :D .At the highway most of the riders decided the go back up rodriguez and then to ?....5 riders rode on into the morning air .mike ,Troy Alex ,Aarron ,and Steve we headed off into a area none of us had as of yet ventured into we started down into the Ghost mtn to check it out after that it was down Pinyon mtn valley for a trip thru what is known as the Squeeze :DPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

after the squeeze we poked around until we came up on the Drop Off :DPosted Image

Posted Image

the drop off was pretty cool Troy took one look at it and just drove down it like no problema :D I went next ,followed by mike who made the accent gracefully ,as did alex and aarron.....Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

we continued down into the awsome fish creek wash and the split mtn areas finaly makeing it into Occotillo for burgers ...the sand washes through this area are killer :D Thanks to everyone in the ride ...alex ,arron mike and troy you guys rock I learned alot today rideing behind you dudes,,,.another one for the books :D:D looks like we rolled up 210 miles :D

A Fantastic Adventure ! I was out the door at 6:30am heading for Ramona in the cold crisp air, making it back home around 6:30pm with 200mi+ on the meter. It was a perfect day and a great group. Thanks to everyone for a kick ass ride!

Here's my Cellphone_Pix===>

Posted Image

Here is where the 2 groups split up. 5 head for the desert, 5 on a different loop route

Posted Image

I signed in with the desert brigade. I couldn't have chosen a better team to ride with.

Posted Image

lots of great sand and a very cool route

Posted Image

there were many challenging obstacles out there, some requiring teamwork

Posted Image

the infamous - It was like a steep sand ski run with huge moguls and rocks in between

Posted Image

Here's Steve tackling The Drop ! Is this man INSANE, or is he just CRAZY ? ? ? :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well Done Adventure Riders . . After that it just kept getting better and better!

Posted Image

This section was one of my favorites. What a blast!

Posted Image

As we finally pulled off the sand and onto the pavement, everyone was hooting, hollering and high-fiveing (and a little sore). Thanks for taking us through that amazing territory Steve and team. Absolutely Epic! Good times for all.

RIDE ON AMIGOS!

It was a great ride today,thanks to all trail leaders :D . It was a little fight on the klr with the rocks and sand but she made it throught upright :D ( my first time in the sand ), after we split up at the S2 we turned around and went back down the same trail and split right KIP brought us to this crazy mine that still looked active somewhat then we headeddown the trail and came to this rocky climb and slick me didnt even notice that there was another way around :D ,I cracked the throttle and hopped for the best and made it all the way up to the top and my back tire slipped off and the klr was highsided on a rock but stood standing and with a little help got her down ( thanx guys :D ). We then headed for the Hideout for lunch and then over to mesa grande to the sutherland dam , and thats were i split to head home hopefully the other guys write up the rest of there ride!!

thanx to all for a great ride ,jay :D

Do it again soon!!

As usual, awesome ride guys!

Huge thanks to Paul for taking the lead and Steve for sweeping.

We had a total of 10 bikes and everything went very smooth. Everyone was on time at both meeting spots! :D

Once we met up with group "B" at Norms Gas we did banner grade, to chariot canyon with a stop at the top of oriflame canyon and took lower Rodriguez TT to the Desert Floor and out to S2 to hit the pavement.

At the pavement, we split up and Steve lead a group to some awesome stuff around pinion mountain. I had a previous commiment (as did a few others) i couldnt miss, so 5 of us headed back.

The highlight of my ride was the high speed exit back up rodriguez through the rocks following KIP! That is the type of riding i like. We made it through relatively unscathed and once we got back to Banner Grade Kip headed home, Brett, Jay, Jerry, and myself head home the long way stopping at the Hideout for lunch, then Mesa Grande to the Sutherland Dam, Jay Headed home via pavement. Brett, Jerry and I did a little exploring around black canyon for some single track, found a very gnarly hillclimb AND bumped into Jon (AKA Hondapilot) on the way out. After the hillclimb (which i will post pics of later) we all headed out to the road and headed home, i arrived home promptly at 2:30 and got a nice nap in before the Xmas party! :D

It was great to meet some new friends and catch up with old.

I look forward to doing the 2nd 1/2 of the run to the squeeze and pinion mountain SOON. This weekend is the only weekend i had time constraints, so from now on, its Awnnnnn! :D

Thanks for a great time guys!

p.s. i will admit, the sand was kinda fun! ok, i admitted it! :D

Hi all,

it was another great desert riding with great people. Pinyon stuff was chalanging :D , but all good :D.

Thanks everybody see you on the next one...

Alex

As usual, awesome ride guys!

The highlight of my ride was the high speed exit back up rodriguez through the rocks following KIP! That is the type of riding i like.

p.s. i will admit, the sand was kinda fun! ok, i admitted it! :D

BM,

On the way out Vintage DR was leading on that 350 most of the way. After having that pesky little bike running up my tailpipe the whole time I decided to let him lead while I took up the back on Rodrigus. Good riding Vintage DR I will take one of those same bikes for the price you paid!

Fun Ride on our little loop, would have loved to go down the squeeze and dropoff with Steve and the gang but had to get back home.

:ph34r: Late with my addition to the write up (spent all day yesterday doing the usual post ride stuff on the pig).

Just wanted to thank the Mangler and the rest of you guys for posting the ride and having me along. Too bad we had to split up but there is always the next one right?

Special thanks to Steve, Troy, Alex and Michael for an absolutely EPIC ride! Great teamwork with the technical stuff, as always the guys are ready to lend a hand to help each other out when the need arises.

I tried to stay on the conservative side while riding but could not resist cracking that throttle more than a few times during the ride. The blasts through the canyons were incredible! Really got the blood pumped up and reminded me of why riding like this is so addictive.

Thanks again and hope to see you all on future rides

Aaron

NICE WRITE UPS AND PIC'S GUYS...

Guess I've been down to long, Ten new riders and i've only rode with one of ya's...Pyro !!!

I think pyro's first ride with S.D.A.R was my last ride S.D.A.R.

I guess me hitting a ford truck at 40mph, didnt scare him off at all.

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=266

I am still riding vicariously thru you guys. So thanks to everyone who posts at any level,

I'm still hoping to be riding again by jannary,

See ya all soon, I'm sure...........Kaw'ee

Guest stevensyanora

its only a month or so away kawee...hang in there you"ll be rollin soon :ph34r:Posted Image

hahaahah, that's true Kawee, the infamous VJ ride was my first w/ SDAR. It's been a bummer to not have you out there dude. I miss chasing around another green KLR ! That ride was a total blast (right up until that one shitty part . . .) Don't worry though, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we're gonna keep riding and keep posting untill you return, and beyond . . . TO INFINITY AND BEYOND ! ! ! Take care amigo.

Sincerely,

:ph34r: pyroNEWBIAC B)

Nice pics BM. That hill trail looks fun! :unsure:

Hey Kevin, you gotta post my video...

Did you get a chance to contact Clarke about there crappy gas caps?

See ya later

Kevin,

Great pics, too bad we didn't get any of the single track, now that trail was hairy!

Got my new Clarke tank on so I'm ready for the next long ride. Repacked the Supertrapp and also wired my kill switch to a garage door opener tucked under the fairing. Works great, don't need to carry house keys. Can't wait for the next ride so I can show off Lusardi, Black Mt. and Orosco ridge. Had a blast!!! :unsure:

Jerry