carguy

Just some desert riding

Just to clear something up. I was asked if I rode Pinion Mountain before, I said yes. I thought I did. Without maps they seem to look the same. :D

Just me & Joliet again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since I have not been there I was on what I thought was the right trail when I met up with some other riders. One was Greg from ADV rider on his 950 Adventure and some dirt bikes with plates out of state (CRF450).

They seemed to want to break new trail records, I did not want to go that fast with the BRP. When we got to the highway Greg broke off and the dirt bikes went on, we took a break. I had caused Joilet to crash earlier when I went down and I needed to straighten my bars.

We started into Pinion Mountain.

The Squeeze.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The drop off?? 100' down a rock!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was all in for taking the easy route.

Posted Image

We just followed the Jeeps down this hill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just 1 more hill.

Posted Image

When we got to here we met two other riders that started at the begining of Pinion Mountain Rd.

Then

Posted Image

SH*# happens. The guys we met helped get the bike to the top of that hill. Some cosmetic damage and a broken clutch lever. From here out we were focused on the easiest route back to Ocotillo.

We chose Salt Creek to Split Mountain and down the powder train road to Plaster City & Ocotillo.

Some raspberries and puncture wounds, broken mirror and a sore knee, it was another great ride - 210 miler.

Oh yeh Bruses, some good bruses.

Ken I will ride with you anytime!! :D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Guys,

I got my bike back a day before and was considering this one, but with my past "leak luck", I choose to test FBC work quality on a mild ride first :ph34r: . We had a happy Familly Day at Palomar (paved all the way to there and back) :D The telescope looked impressive :ph34r:

Fantastic picks, so dynamic, it feels like I almost was there.

Later

Papa

Alex.

I did the "squeeze", the "drop" and the "I'm wheelie-ing out of control over the edge of the ravine". Followed quickly by the "hit the kill button" and the "most ungraceful dismount ever" Luckily there were all those soft boulders to land on. We really needed more riders with cameras on this one. Casualties for me mirror, hand guard, front rotor, set front brake pads, clutch lever, licience plate holder, bruised knee assorted bent blinkers, garfed up plastics ect. I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to be wearing my rockgardn pressure suit.

We saw some of the most beatiful desert today. I really want to go back and explore some of the other trails in the area when there is not so much traffic. We didn't get to do the trail John wanted to take on the way back, since I had no clutch.

Sorry John, next time. Can't wait. On a happy note that wrist brace that kept me from using my clutch efficiently, really worked, my wrist feels great. Ken

Nice write up, wish I could have been there. Carguy I sent you an email, if you want to replace your bent bars I have a set of stock XR handle bars and a set of Tag CR double highs collecting dust in the garage, they are yours free if you want 'em. You got my number

Ride on!

Aaron

I was looking over my bike and found this dent in my fork. Is about 9" from the bottom. What do you guys think? Will it hurt anything or should I just ride it and see what happens? I didn't notice it the other day finishing my ride. Ken

Posted Image

The drop off?? 100' down a rock!

Posted Image

Yea, that's not part of the route. That's just a view point. How did you guys fair on the Rock Step (around the corner from that last pic and before Heart Attack Hill?

Looks crowded. Didn't see anyone else when we did it in September... :lol: