piratemonkey

Hixon, Bee Canyon, Thomas Mountain

Sweet - NOW I know there is a connector between Juan Diego and Tripp Flatts - THANKS :lol:

Zina posted her "Active Track" which is ~3,000 points………you WILL be able to download it to your computer but you WON'T be able to download a 3,000 point active track to your handheld (max. track points limitation is 500 points for most newer handhelds, 250pts on older models).......so I sliced and diced a couple of pieces off of Zina's active track and added those pieces to some tracks I posted once before....see attached (the portions of Zina's tracks that I sliced are Dark Red - (1) Tripp Flats - Juan Diego connector, (2) Nf-6s16 bypassing single track, (3) Bee Canyon)

Hixon_Allesandro_Idyllwild_Bee_Canyon.txt

Zina posted her "Active Track" which is ~3,000 points………you WILL be able to download it to your computer but you WON'T be able to download a 3,000 point active track to your handheld (max. track points limitation is 500 points for most newer handhelds, 250pts on older models).......so I sliced and diced a couple of pieces off of Zina's active track and added those pieces to some tracks I posted once before....see attached (Zina's Tripp Flats track and Bee Canyon track are colored dark red).....now you'll have plenty of options in that area :lol:

Thanks for doing this. Ironically, I had taken your tracks of the area and combined them into one and then tried to load them onto my Garmin: TRUNCATED!... you lose!... do not pass GO!... do not collect $200! :lol: Only after a little research did I understand why you split the ride up into separate tracks.

I'll try to do a better job in the future of marking waypoints, but I think you know how much time that burns up. You either need to ride with patient people or other GPStards.

This is a plate only ride and how technical is it? How much fuel needed as well? It just looks gorgeous and might be something to try with the wife once we get her through carguy and ride oranges school if i can beg/borrow/steal a plated bike for a weekend

This is a plate only ride and how technical is it? How much fuel needed as well? It just looks gorgeous and might be something to try with the wife once we get her through carguy and ride oranges school if i can beg/borrow/steal a plated bike for a weekend

I had to do a bit of controlled sliding on the stretch down to Bautista Canyon Road so I'll wager all my lunch money that a new rider would not like that part one bit.

There's also a stretch on Bee Canyon near the 74 that's deep silt. I think that might be kind of tough for new riders, especially since it's on the ascent and you have to make some sharp turns.

I had to do a bit of controlled sliding on the stretch down to Bautista Canyon Road so I'll wager all my lunch money that a new rider would not like that part one bit.

Jason - the stretch down to Bautista that Zina is referring to is the Hixon Trail.......

I replied to your questions in the other trip report thread so as to not muck up this GPS thread......oh well.....