carguy

Sat 18 moved to 19 Nov 06 ride

When a rider with a broken leg on crutches can make it on time I would think all riders could.

Posted Image

Lets try a new rule out, Ride/meet time then 30 minutes tops to leave on the ride. If you don't make it so be it. or meet at 7am ride at 8am. :)

Anyway, this was for exploration. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Here we go, Meet up and get to know each other and wait for others to show up late or not at all.

Posted Image

Then we start where we left off.

Posted Image

The normal, deep sand then big rocks going straight up.

Posted Image

some challenging sections

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step by step.

Posted Image

It was looking like a trials ride. Had to scout up.

Posted Image

waiting for all to catch up.

Posted Image

Well we could have made it. Some effort would be required to get the bikes up this one.

Posted Image

I would have tried, but Alex did not like it. He was very happy to go back.

Posted Image

We went back on some of the route from last weekend and went over to Coyote Mountain Wilderness.

Posted Image

Where Papaalex noticed an oil leak.

Posted Image

He had just got the bike back from the shop to repair a small oil leak. Now it is leaking more than before

Your Ad Here!!! Repair shop:(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ken and I went out for some more fun when we got papaalex back to his truck. Alittle Plaster city off road area and then some cold ones. I then did some more exploring to find more closed routes and some of the historic old hwy 80.

Posted Image

If this is the end of the route, where is the begining? :huh:

A 2006 bike on a concrete road built in 1928.

Posted Image

Just another great ride.

BTW, Chili socks Sorry about the focus. :blink:

Posted Image

:P:(:):P:P:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Martin

I'm Husky4me, had to sign with different name cause I forgot my password... Anyway, great write up and pictures! I have family visiting this week so I could not go with U guys.... but going up that huge rock?? :P:ph34r::ph34r: I may have to do some meditation prior to attempting that one :) I know it is possible, and that is the fun thing about this sport, when U get the guts and skill level to accomplish hard stuff it feels great! :P

Posted Image

Looks a bit more severe than the "Rock Step" on Pinyon Mountain. Superb write-up!!! :P

...Mmmmm, chili socks.... :):P

Carguy another great write up. I had fun exploring again. Must be good exercise, my whole body is sore. That 4762nd whoop took its toll on my wrist, I am confident it will feel good enough to ride next weekend.

I never think of it (too busy trying to survive) but until santa brings me a camera, I would be happy to use yours to take some of pictures of you riding the BRP.

I think the big rock is do-able. If we can't get enough traction to get some momentum at it, we would need 4 or 5 guys to (walk) it over. I can picture the informal local ride thread, Needed several weak minded, strong riders with light bikes for excursion near Ocotillo. Bring water, rapelling gear and fear of failure.

Thanks again for a great ride, look forward to doing it again soon. Ken

Lets try a new rule out, Ride/meet time then 30 minutes tops to leave on the ride. If you don't make it so be it. or meet at 7am ride at 8am. :blink:

Wow! Your patient! I use the 10 minute rule! Late people make me :ph34r: and i have zero patience!

Tardiness is one of my biggest pet peeves! Unfortunately, it does seem tardiness is the norm in So Cal :blink: People say its fashionable, i say its rude! :huh:

Excellent writeup and pics!

Anyway, great pics, looks like an awesome time!! Cant wait to meet and ride with you guys! Trust me, i wont be late! :huh:

Also, that large rock looks very doable provide the other side of it doesnt drop right off like 4ft or something! :huh:

Lets try a new rule out, Ride/meet time then 30 minutes tops to leave on the ride. If you don't make it so be it. or meet at 7am ride at 8am. :blink:

Wow! Your patient! I use the 10 minute rule! Late people make me :ph34r: and i have zero patience!

Tardiness is one of my biggest pet peeves! Unfortunately, it does seem tardiness is the norm in So Cal :blink: People say its fashionable, i say its rude! :huh:

Anyway, great pics, looks like an awesome time!! Cant wait to meet and ride with you guys! Trust me, i wont be late! :huh:

Also, that large rock looks very doable provide the other side of it doesnt drop right off like 4ft or something! :huh:

Kevin, it was really good to meet you and the better half(I am not very good at remembering names sorry). Thanks again for the water.

The rock would be easier if you could get some momentum at it. There are more rocks below it

and then 15 feet of the loosest sand you can imagine just before it. No way for an amature like me to get any speed or pick a line. Actually I could pick the line but in that deep sand I just couldn't stay on a line.

But I still want to try. Perhaps you will be there for the adventure. Look forward to riding with you. Ken

Lets try a new rule out, Ride/meet time then 30 minutes tops to leave on the ride. If you don't make it so be it. or meet at 7am ride at 8am. :ph34r:

Wow! Your patient! I use the 10 minute rule! Late people make me :blink: and i have zero patience!

Tardiness is one of my biggest pet peeves! Unfortunately, it does seem tardiness is the norm in So Cal :blink: People say its fashionable, i say its rude! :D

Anyway, great pics, looks like an awesome time!! Cant wait to meet and ride with you guys! Trust me, i wont be late! :D

Also, that large rock looks very doable provide the other side of it doesnt drop right off like 4ft or something! :D

Kevin, it was really good to meet you and the better half(I am not very good at remembering names sorry). Thanks again for the water.

The rock would be easier if you could get some momentum at it. There are more rocks below it

and then 15 feet of the loosest sand you can imagine just before it. No way for an amature like me to get any speed or pick a line. Actually I could pick the line but in that deep sand I just couldn't stay on a line.

But I still want to try. Perhaps you will be there for the adventure. Look forward to riding with you. Ken

I think you ment Dennis & Rhetta (Wow'ee & Wife'ee) B)

See, told you I was bad with names. The only name I can seem to remember is Miller something. Oh yea! its Miller Lite definitely Miller Lite.

Dennis & Rhetta sorry I forgot your names, it was still good to meet you, and thanks again for the water.

Dennis hurry up and get healed so we can ride.

Boston Mangler, I look forward to riding with you also. And you are correct "its all good"

Another good write-up and photos !! Looks like it needs further exploration, but judging by the first big rock step, I wonder how far up it goes and if it dead ends.

Alex....is that Alex (Russian) on the yellow DRZ who helped me layout the first Desert Dash ?? If so, great to see you here again !!

Another good write-up and photos !! Looks like it needs further exploration, but judging by the first big rock step, I wonder how far up it goes and if it dead ends.

Alex....is that Alex (Russian) on the yellow DRZ who helped me layout the first Desert Dash ?? If so, great to see you here again !!

Randy,

It's me (DR 650), started riding again as Papaalex :D ,my boy is old enough (9 months) not to give much trouble to mammy when I'm not there. Hope to see you some day on one of our DS rides.

Alex/Papaalex.