Thanks to Cdiddy and all who rode the Ramona Romp. Jesse and I had a great time. After splitting off form the main group, no doubt to the relief of many 900+ cc riders in fear of their pride from the threat of the Mity TW200 (thanks BS!), J and I headed for the hill.

First, we hung around the bar and checked out the peacock:

peacock.JPG

Then 76 [quick stop for gas and those little powder sugar donuts] to Nate Harrison through the orange groves

orangegroves.JPG

Up the hill, then left at Mothers to the observatory:

observatory.JPG

Then back to Mothers for a sammich and nachos, then down the east grade to 76 to Mesa Grande to 79 to 78 to Old Julian Hwy back to Ramona. 108 miles.

Great ride, thanks!

p

108 miles? trophy's 100 year old dad put on more miles than that ya big pansy

Listen, Sallie, it was between 830 and 230, and I had an 8 year old pillion. Ask me how many times I floated the valves hanging with the big boys on Mesa Grande?

<hijack off>

Jesse and I had a great time.

Good deal......sounds like a fun father/son ride after you two split off from the main group.........kuddos to Jesse for hanging tough and bouncing around on the back for ~100+ miles!!!....THAT's impressive <_<

Listen, Sallie, it was between 830 and 230, and I had an 8 year old pillion. Ask me how many times I floated the valves hanging with the big boys on Mesa Grande?

<hi jackoff>

no need for name calling... thanks for the pics!!! appreciate it! no rush on getting the bike back... I'm not planning to pre-run the Baja 1000 on that bike anytime soon

Hi, this is J using my dad's computer. Thank you for letting me on the ride. <_<. My favorite part of the ride was the road. :lazy: I would like to thank Mr. Crawford for his sensible sense of humor :wacko:.

J

no rush on getting the bike back...

That's a good thing- Trophy shamed me by returning it in better condition than I turned it over to him. I'm gonna have to break out the toothbrushes and simichrome polish.

Thanks again for the loan.

Guys- where are the other ride pics? How did it go after we left, other than the deep sadness of riding without us....

you missed the royal enfield in epic conditions! i think it even floats!

Bring on the Enfield photos!!!

Ask and you shall receive, at least some of the time.

P5090032.jpg

P5090045.jpg

It was absolutely amazing to see the Enfield out there keeping up.

Thanks Crawdaddy for leading a great ride, and it was great riding with everyone else. I need to work on my riding skills, and sorry if I held anyone up at the end; Wayne and Troy thanks for waiting at the turn off of Black Canyon. I was beat and didn't have it in me to follow the rest of the way, so I took Black Canyon back out to the 78.

**edit**

Heck, might as well do a full hijack:

Again, big thanks to Crawdaddy for leading:

Leader.jpg

and his steed

P5090064.jpg

I'm bad with names, but I think it was Doug riding sweep? Big thanks to the sweep rider too.

Sweep.jpg

I appreciate you guys letting a newb tag along and showing everyone some of the local roads and trails.

It was absolutely amazing to see the Enfield out there keeping up.

:lazy: <_<:wacko: :lazy:....."Kiwi" Wayne, U DA Man!

Good “Adventure “ Ride…..not your usual mix of SDAR bikes by any means……..A Royal Enfield, an XR650R , a "Vintage" Honda, A VERY GREEN Rider/KLR (yes, Pyro surfaced for a ride with the gang), a TW200 with “2” riders on board, a KTM 950 Super Moto (Pierson – Glad you decided to join in on the ride), a KTM 990, 2 KTM 950ADV S models, 2 KTM 950 ADV, a KTM 450 EXC, and my Exxon Valdez 620…….nice assortment……

Wayne and Pierson blew my mind slipping and sliding on their not so dirt worthy bikes…….good job guys…..

I had Jesse take the Sergeant Shultz oath before we began the ride so no “Man stories/secrets” go back to his mother……looked like Fakey and Fakey junior were enjoying themselves…..

CMayer31 did fantastic for his 3rd ride….ever

Piero finally joined in on a SDAR ride…..

Orangeblood arrived in the nick of time and got to see/ride some new terrain…..as did Humpty Thumpy who hadn’t ridden Palomar Divide before…..

Hobiee was all smiles even though he was probably secretly bored to tears with my pace (thanks)..........turned him loose on our final stretch of the day

Pyro arrived and graced us with his Green-ness……always great to see/ride with Troy……good to have you out again……

Bagstr somehow stayed clean yet he was riding in the middle of the pack???

Did Zenosan not need any add'l gas....again.......Mr. Vintage knows how to squeeze out the miles

Doug was patient/gracious as he volunteered to eat dust/sweep

No incidents and a cold/malted beverage with Wayne/Troy at the conclusion of the ride – good times with good friends…..

Next time we’ll loop it in the opposite direction…..

Hey Schwinn – what’s the deal with the Hideout……closed temporarily or permanently?

Uploaded some more pictures, so will follow Chris's recap with a photo recap.

The gathering at Packards:

P5090008.jpg

It truly was an Adventure ride with all the big KTM Adventurers out there:

BigAdvs.jpg

Another from the bridge:

Bridge.jpg

I think it was Don on the XL350? It was cool to see an older bike out there and to know I wasn't alone in the kick-start only category.

A few more from some of the stops:

Anotherstop.jpg

Afterhideout.jpg

anotherstop2.jpg

Some rider photos, I need to figure out how to set the shutter speed/aperture on the new camera as it was a bit slow:

P5090047.jpg

P5090050.jpg

P5090021.jpg

KLR2.jpg

And finally a few from the gas stop. I'm paranoid about gas, so I filled up, but the BRP appeared to be getting 35-40 mpg, so probably didn't need to.

Not sure what magic there is in the Kawi green, but that bike stayed spotless! Nice bike, Troy!

KLR.jpg

BikeParking.jpg

Gas.jpg

And a closing shot of the BRP. Again, I had a great time and will definitely ride the loop forward or backwards if/when it happens next.

DirtyPig.jpg

C Daddy always leads fun adventures and today was no exception. Thanks Chris for posting the ride.

It’s rides like we did today with the group that rode today that help me to really appreciate the SDARs web site.

Is Kiwi Wayne related to Burt Munro? And who is Mr. Crawford?

Craig, great photos.

Hope to ride with you all again soon.

Wayne

Great ride, thanks Chris. I really wish that I would have had more time so that I could have come up the back side of Palomar, maybe nest time.

Thanks again Brian.

Mr Crawford = Crawdaddy.

Poor kid raised by old-fashioned dad.

Thanks for throwing the ride together Crawdaddy, and thanks to everyone for making it a great day.

Well I told my wife I'd be home between 2 and 3 and I rolled in right at 2:58 - that's between 2 and 3, right??? <_<

You guys pretty much summed it up. Here's a few of my pictures:

img0727agk.jpg

img0728ikx.jpg

img0729m.jpg

img0730vep.jpg

img0731f.jpg

img0733ahw.jpg

img0735i.jpg

img0736j.jpg

Great Ride nice meeting everyone I Had lots of fun, the guy on the Royal Enfield is my hero was inspiring, next time I should try the ride the mountains on vespa. Glad to have joined the forum, thanks Crawdaddy organizing the ride. untitled.bmp

Greetings from the Lockdown, this needs to be brief for security reasons.

I want to thank Crawdaddy for instigating events. It is amazing how many Big Bike Adventurers come out of the woodwork when the terrain is appropriate.

First stop the new bridge on Black Canyon

532722276_nnsmz-L.jpg

On the trail, the Enfield in it's element, or not

532722279_9XiXV-L.jpg

Pyro contemplates our accomplishments, or not

532722277_oHrDs-L.jpg

Palomar Divide, last stop before descent to the real world

532722329_GC67P-L.jpg

Crawdaddy and DigDug - The Lead and the Sweep - You guys make SDAR a great organization

532722323_x3bmM-L.jpg

You want Big Bikes, we have Big Bikes!

532722327_MsK5a-L.jpg

Thanks to all riders including Jesse for showing us the future, and Zenosan for showing us the past with the XL350 and Kiwi Wayne for showing us (what is an Indian Enfield?) I'll say the present.

(Edit - after brunch - Boy that was expensive!)

Chris you did a good job keeping us moving and on schedule ( I made it back to La Mesa @ 3:10 )

Doug, I am with you on hanging back and letting the dust clear.

OK, that is all for now. I will see you all when we emerge on the other side of Lockdown.

YEAH fun day <_<

Many thanks to Mr Crawford for posting the ride, Diddug for going slow enough to pick up any pieces that fell off the Enfield, Piercalif and Wayne for the tape that held on the pieces about to fall off, Don for giving me a ride on the original XL and all else for the great company, which is why I ended up in the dirt on the Enfield (not the plan at the start of the day).

I was also surprised at how well the Enfield was on the trails , the only major issue was the lack of rear suspension, not a problem getting airborn, just when you land. :lazy:

When I saw the stream :wacko: I thought oh s%#t but it never missed a beat.

Thanks to everyone

Kiwi Wayne

Thanks for a fun day guys. Nice to see my old riding buddy Wayne and meet some new faces and some huge bikes. Damn those KTM900s are big. You can see my photbucket photos here:

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q214/ze...ser_media_share

Thanks to Cris for another great ride. No I didn't need to refuel even with a dual carb dynamo XL350.

I was glad to see Craig standing on the kick stand to kick start the 650. I thought I was the only one who did that. With the right boots real men kickstart. <_< Thanks also to Kiwi Wayne for letting me "have a go" with the Enfield. Brought back memories of exploring India on one years ago. Wish I could have joined Paul and J on the ride to the telescope, one of my favorite places up there. Looking forward to riding with you guys again.

First of all thank you Chris for a great day and for the gps help.

I really enjoyed the company and the ride. It was really cool to see just how capable the BIG ktm bikes are off road, but not so cool following behind one in the dust, still picking out the dust boogers. Realized how hard it is to sit on the seat on my little 450 for any prolonged pavement stint, i just am not used to sitting so much. I also realized how far i can't get on the stock tank, and also with 14-50 gearing my bike does just about 93 miles an hour, and a 990 will pass me like i am standing still! Kawi's are GREEN as i learned, Royal enfields are great off road bikes, and i am glad i have e-start (sorry craig i had to get that in somehow). There are some really cool spots to ride around here!

Great way to spend a day and i can't wait to do it again. I think i am going to start looking for a bigger bike soon and this was a great way to see them in action. As i get up in age closer to all you guys lol lol i realize slowly that comfort is important and those land yachts are the way to go.

Thank you again guys

Hobiee, "As i get up in age closer to all you guys lol lol i realize slowly that comfort is important and those land yachts are the way to go."

Ha indeed, You will never catch up (in age). The land yachts are great on the straight stuff, but me thinks I could stand to loose one cyclinder!

ha ! What can I say that hasn't already been said? What pics can I post that don't have a better shot already posted? Oh well, I'll do it anyways so someone can see a view of themselves from another angle. It looks like I got some nice shots here actually including a few good ones of Kiwi Wayne ripping it up. I wish I would have got that water crossing photo, but the green machine just wouldn't let me stop!

Special thanks to ride organizer and corp sponsor Crawdad Racing, aka Mr. Crawford. <_< You've always got a great route planned, and yesterdays loop was no exception. It was bitchin riding with you again amigo and also meeting and riding with a lot of you folks for the first time. Great ride, great bikes. great people, great route, great weather . . . 5-Stars all the way !

Here's my pics:

ramon_sm_001.jpg

ramon_sm_002.jpg

ramon_sm_003.jpg

ramon_sm_004.jpg

ramon_sm_005.jpg

ramon_sm_006.jpg

ramon_sm_007.jpg

ramon_sm_008.jpg

ramon_sm_009.jpg

ramon_sm_010.jpg

ramon_sm_011.jpg