husky4me

Palomar Divide 11/11/06

It was another great ride! :) Another cool bunch of guys who love adventure riding! It was fun and I was able to see areas I had not explored before. But these guys who mentioned it is adventure riding not a race, and the other one who mentioned he was old and could not keep up, were both very fast! I just could not keep up with them... ;) Maybe I'm the old one, uhmmm In general the fire roads were easy; seems to be an appropriate route for bigger bikes, but in our group, we were riding mostly dirt oriented bikes.

First picture at 6:30 a.m. 2-wheels and me starting proctor valley road..

Posted Image

Here we are meeting at Mobil Station in Ramona, ready for a great ride!

Posted Image

I think this is Kevin riding along...

Posted Image

I forgot the name of this water r... could someone name it.... one of our first rests...

Posted Image

Another view of the road....

Posted Image

Here's "old man Wayne" who could not keep up with the rest of us.... LOL (one of our fastest :D )

Posted Image

Another rider (was this bum?)

Posted Image

A dead end... nice area in Palomar mountain..

Posted Image

Hell Angel's Club... Upss... I mean SDAR having lunch with these other harley guys....

Posted Image

I'm ready for the next ride :)

Hey Guys

Another awesome day of riding!

It was great meeting Mike, John, Wayne, Gene, and Martin!

Awesome day of riding with great weather, no problems, good views and good food!

Hope to do it (but a different trail) soon!

Here are my pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GREAT RIDE TO ME..

Never done that ride yet, hope somebody isnt to rode-out on that loop by the time i'm back at it again.

Good to see you out again martin, and good to see so many new riders coming out...

Hope some of you's are set up for overnighters...

Should be hook'n up with ya's again in jan 07'

post-92-1163347937_thumb.jpg

Kaw'ee

Here's another picture I forgot to post...

Posted Image

Hey Kawee, I'm glad U are doing well! Hope to be riding with U in January...

Guest stevensyanora

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GREAT RIDE TO ME..

Never done that ride yet, hope somebody isnt to rode-out on that loop by the time i'm back at it again.

Good to see you out again martin, and good to see so many new riders coming out...

Hope some of you's are set up for overnighters...

Should be hook'n up with ya's again in jan 07'

Im self contained ,ready to roll...you just say when :DPosted Image

post-92-1163347937_thumb.jpg

Kaw'ee

Another great ride planned on SDAR with more great people joining in.

I don't have any pictures to share just my .02 I really enjoy this ride so I'd be willing to do it again anytime. In fact if it was possible I'd try to include the Western half of the palomar divide trail (edit: actually the High Point Truck Trail) on every ride.

I gotta hand it to wheelie king Kevin for leading a great ride through North County. Slow poke Wayne for being the fastest guy out there. I swear when we were jammin' up Palomar Divide I'd be thinking to myself how fast I was going and I'd look back and you were right behind me and it looked like you weren't even trying.

:D

My only complaint on the day was the number of trucks on Palomar Divide road. And they all seemed to be going the opposite direction we were. I almost ended up going over the side after meeting up with one. Thankfully there was a boulder there to stop me, I just ended up trapped under my bike, thanks Mike.

I may head out that way next weekend for a little exploring trying to make my way to Anza on as much dirt as possible.

I hope to ride with you guys again soon,

Jon

BTW

Kevin, I think I'll be up for a trip to Mexico in December or better yet Early January. Yup January, that way Kawee can join us. We'll call it the "Welcome Back Kaw'ee Tour". If Kaw'ee joins us and lets us use his name of course. :D

I really enjoy this ride so I'd be willing to do it again anytime.

Ditto!

In fact if it was possible I'd try to include the Western half of the palomar divide trail (edit: actually the High Point Truck Trail) on every ride.

Actuall, we only did a tiny portion of the "Palomar Divide" trail, the western (actually NW) 1/2 of the Palomar Divide trail starts further down the 79 from where we entered and is a completely different trail. My maps so it connecting to harrision grade, but i dont know if thats physically how it goes. I want to try it though. I was thinking of doing Harrison Grade this Sunday AM and seeing how far i can take it.

As for the High Point Truck Trail, i dont think i will be doing that section again, that is the 3rd time i have run it and each time, i have had a close call with a vehicle of some sort. Its only a matter of time. I am going to shy away from this trail, too much truck traffic with all the hunters in the "NO SHOOTING" zone, kinda sketchy if you ask me!

My only complaint on the day was the number of trucks on Palomar Divide road. And they all seemed to be going the opposite direction we were.

Most of the trucks were on High Point, but i agree, too many for my liking

I almost ended up going over the side after meeting up with one. Thankfully there was a boulder there to stop me, I just ended up trapped under my bike, thanks Mike.

I have had some close calls myself so i am going to try to avoid this section

I may head out that way next weekend for a little exploring trying to make my way to Anza on as much dirt as possible.

Email me!

BTW

Kevin, I think I'll be up for a trip to Mexico in December or better yet Early January. Yup January, that way Kawee can join us. We'll call it the "Welcome Back Kaw'ee Tour". If Kaw'ee joins us and lets us use his name of course. :D

Awesome! Lets plan a Mikes Sky Ranch Trip! Should be nice and cold by then! :D

Guest stevensyanora

BTW

january sounds real good ,how many days will I need for this trip 3? 4? P.S..........I think we should switch threads for this mexico planning...