Sign in to follow this  
xxxinsd

EASIEST ROUTE TO DD

what route are you taking to desert dash with trailer? is s2 a pain if coming from east county. i hate banner grade but going tru ramona to ranchita is great anybody ever gone the s2 route? i live right off the 8 . i have a 25ft trailer i dont remember it being as bad as the banner grade

thanks xxx

what route are you taking to desert dash with trailer? is s2 a pain if coming from east county. i hate banner grade but going tru ramona to ranchita is great anybody ever gone the s2 route? i live right off the 8 . i have a 25ft trailer i dont remember it being as bad as the banner grade

thanks xxx

That's the route I'm planning to take. Tomorrow morning around 8am. Last year I came in from the 8 and went out S2 through ramona.

from poway... 67 to 78 to 79 to San Felipe Rd. back to 78, right, left GRS Overland (the road Butterfield is on)

I drew a map to it here: Directions from Poway

Google Sends you down the Macon Truck trail. Probably too gnarly, if you try it, take pictures ;). This linked route will get you around any grades. It's not that much slower either.

thanks xxx

67 through Ramona and left at Dudleys in Santa Isabel and right on S2 down to the bottom is my favorite route when towing a trailer. This helps you avoid Banner grade. I've even gone 8 east to S2 north but seems to take a long time.