Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

TE450 at 3500 miles

100_1107-1.jpg

I just got done doing a long overdue routine service on the Husqvarna this morning. I did an oil change, cleaned the air filter and did work on other doo-dads, greased up the zerk fittings, replaced the long suffering stock Domino grips that have been on there for the last year and a half. I'm surprised they lasted this long in spite of the numerous falls they have been subjected to. I had to fix one of the speedometer wires that got broken in a fall at Anza Borrego park a couple of weeks ago. (Was going down a wash, flat out in top gear at 0 miles per hour :) and figured something was not right.) I also had the second look-see at the valves, The first inspection was at 1700 miles, I think. No adjustment to any of the shims was necessary at that time. Now the motor has 3500 miles on it and everything still looks clean and shiny bright. None of the valves measured out of specification this time either. So far, so good. The only major malfunction that has happened with the bike so far is when the starter solenoid stuck 2 summers ago, and ruined the starter engagement bearing. Looks like the TE will be a durable ride for some time to come. :)

wow great report, mind if I link it to cafe husky?

DD, It is nice to have the peace of mind knowing your valves have a long life. It is stories like this that help me enjoy riding my TE510 Husky even more. My valves have been in spec. also, with 2,100 miles thus far.

Todd

Be my guest. :)

DONE!! Thanks,And I got the bell ringing as it was the 1000th post on the relatively new site of Cafe Husky!!!

these long range reports are good,,,, you DS folks pile on the miles,,,,mine are all short but hard run bursts of trail rides and track days. @ only 35-40 hours on my 08TXC.

Be my guest. :)

DONE!! Thanks,And I got the bell ringing as it was the 1000th post on the relatively new site of Cafe Husky!!!

these long range reports are good,,,, you DS folks pile on the miles,,,,mine are all short but hard run bursts of trail rides and track days. @ only 35-40 hours on my 08TXC.

how many of those are Mimi's? :)

After reading of so many problems with the 2008 KTM new style 4 stroke engine, I am glad to say I have avoided many of the problems I have read about. I have 120hrs and 3600miles on the 530. It has let me down on a few occasions mostly due to the lacking electrical system :( but I have had many hours of riding mostly off road, but it is a dual-sport and this area is optimum for such. Many places in this country are not so close to area's with such a level of riding so occasionally I opt for a DS ride and have decided to go with DS tires(now MT-21front&606rear) and higher gearing(14-48) and for a strictly off road ride I gear down (13-50)and run off road tires(952front and rear). Seems to work good for me, but I am out to have fun, not to impress anyone, the only way I could do that is with an impressive crash maybe :blink: but the setup does help me to stay off the ground a little better. All said I am satified with the bike although I think they could have solved some of these problems or admitted they existed? :rolleyes:

I would have considered the Husky, but I had not seen the husky in any of the enduro's I had ridden through 2007 but you really don't see many 4-strokes, there are a few, but in the really tight stuff they have a weight disadvantage, although now I believe the engine characteristics of the 4 strokes would be an advantage. Mimi told me she researched both bikes and chose the Husky seems to have been a good decision.

[quote

And I got the bell ringing as it was the 1000th post on the relatively new site of Cafe Husky!!!

how many of those are Mimi's? :blink:

I have never even been to that site yet. I didn't even know that it existed. I'll have to go take a look-see. Maybe there should be a link to it posted here....or is there one and I missed it? :rolleyes: