Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Explore ride

It was a different ride last Sunday. We met at 79 & S-1. 8 riders . Could not ride from Mason Valley with the gate closed from the Cedar fire damage. ( The area should be rehabilitated by now) Rode to Banner to get to Charrot Canyon to Oriflamme Canyon.

Posted Image

It is always a good dirt ride.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Went to S-2 and some riders had to break off.

Posted Image

It ended up just me & Sandiegoland 10:30 in the morning.

We had to explore!! B)B)

Found lots of gates. Great trails!!!!! Some will need more exploring(future rides!!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

We checked our maps.

Posted Image

Did some hiking around. (Craig's pics.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

And deceided to head for Ocotillo for food.

Posted Image

We had a great lunch and headed back up the hill.

The temp was suppose to be 94 and was 107. We were prepaired for it.

Just another ride. B) Too bad more riders couldn't continue.

I'm sorry I missed this one, looks like fun (except the hiking part). I don't wear hiking shoes out riding anymore! B)

Great photos!

John, sorry, we just missed you by about 10 minutes. We met PapaAlex on his bike at S2 & 79 in our trucks. He said you guys went the other way. We then proceded to go up Oriflame to the Banner store. Pretty rocky in the trucks, but fun!!

Posted Image

Notero Canyon Road and Dos Cabeza Road. Cool sand practice (and stabilizer testing) except for the intimidating Teddy Bear Cholla Cactus lining both sides of the washes. One mistake and you better have some needle-nose pliers handy!! B)

We made some good finds and eliminated some dead-ends too. Looking forward to more exploration and the 2007 Desert Dash!! B)

Teddy Bear Cholla Cactus lining both sides of the washes. One mistake and you better have some needle-nose pliers handy!! B)

..BEEN THERE, DONE THAT,, Me and Johns First Desert Ride last season, Dos Cabeza wash

Posted Image

And Yes , they are barbed, like fish hooks.. And draw blood after removed..

SDL

How is the stabilizer? Looks sweet- did you do the install yourself? Based on the speeds we were going through the wash, i don't think I'll need one, but once we get to some wide open spaces, I wonder.

You guys keep posting, so I can live vicariously... until the baby turns 2 and I get him on a quad...

How is the stabilizer?  Looks sweet- did you do the install yourself? Based on the speeds we were going through the wash, i don't think I'll need one, but once we get to some wide open spaces, I wonder.

It was the edge I needed to attack the sand with the proper technique. Remember for me, it combined a raising and changing out of the handlebars at the same time. I was in serious need of some new ergos.

The stabilizer is really not necessary to ride, but rather to catch that 0.01% that will either throw you, or in my case, the 5% that will spook you into thinking you're gonna get thrown. B)

It allowed me to stand better, relax a bit, and not fret over the wayward stones or obstacles hiding amongst the sand. There is also a tad more stability at highway speeds, though I really need to ride some more and experiment with the settings...

A lot of experienced riders swear that it has helped them recover from near misses. It's hard to quantify, but if it can save one serious injury, then bravo... Of course if you use it to go faster - then it should have the opposite effect! B)

Teddy Bear Cholla Cactus lining both sides of the washes. One mistake and you better have some needle-nose pliers handy!!  B)

..BEEN THERE, DONE THAT,, Me and Johns First Desert Ride last season, Dos Cabeza wash...

And Yes , they are barbed, like fish hooks.. And draw blood after removed...

In fact, Ye and thine experiences were spoken of on that fine day... B)

Great photos I have got to trail along with you guys on your next adventure just looks like a lot of fun.

BRIAN

KLR 650

SUPER TRAP IDS 2

new bike with scratches

stock tires :unsure: