Looking to do a laguna hanson trip. stage from tecate border at 6:30am and ride up have some lunch then ride back. Anyone else interested.

Note new date October 11th

Looking to do a laguna hanson trip. stage from tecate border at 6:30am and ride up have some lunch then ride back. Anyone else interested.

Hell yes! :D

do I need a passport :unsure:

Javier and crew going again? Always nice to have some good riders that know the area....

fast pace I hope?

I might be up for that. However I typically drive across and park on the Mex side (as I'm green sticker). What type of riding do you hope to do?

do I need a passport :unsure:

Javier and crew going again? Always nice to have some good riders that know the area....

fast pace I hope?

TREE- If you think this is a "go" please let us know... I need to start the necessary preparations (honey-dos and staying home this weekend)

do I need a passport :lol:

fast pace I hope?

TREE- If you think this is a "go" please let us know... I need to start the necessary preparations (honey-dos and staying home this weekend)

Looks like everyone is on board. Yes Javier, Hugo, and Hugo jr. will be going. We always park on the US side and drive the bikes over and not all of them have plates but we've never been hassled. It makes coming back a lot easier as we just cut in through the barrier and don't wait in line. :huh:

Ahhh. I see the benefit of riding over now!

Last time I did a day ride to Laguna was with JohnnyAirtime and friends. It was also at the end of September and it POURED down rain. It was great! We had to shack up at Ramona's for a while there because the rain started to hurt but it was such a good time. :D

hi guys, I'm javi and this is mi first reply, I meet you guys en tkt for laguna ride,,,,

hi guys, I'm javi and this is mi first reply, I meet you guys en tkt for laguna ride,,,,

Alright Javier, about time you got yor log in. Now go to the new member section and put up a post to introduce yourself to everyone else. <_<

I think I will skip my race and go with you guys! Please give me some more details regarding where to meet and when.

<_<:):(

there is a lot on the west side of the road in to tecate... right before the small strip leading to the crossing... TREE is the big guy on a ktm.

No, it was a question that had already been answered elsewhere. I just didn't look before I leaped. Lepped?

fn

there is a lot on the west side of the road in to tecate... right before the small strip leading to the crossing... TREE is the big guy on a ktm.

I know the place. Thanks.

I know the place. Thanks.

Yeah it's a secured pay lot. Plan on meeting there around 6:30am to be crossing the border around 7am. should plan for the day. as we'll turn off the road just outside of tecate for the dirt trails to santa veronica to los compadres where we'll turn off and hit some single track to laguna. have lunch and a few beers at ramonas then head back. probablly top off with gas at santa veronica and ramonas.

OK this thing is about a week away.

the group so far is

Tree

Javi

Hugo

Hugo Jr.

Bikeslut

Christi

FakeName??? you in?

Anyone else?

I just picked yp the garmin but I don't have any accessories yet (handlebar mount, headset, etc). So, I'm not completely set up yet but I'm trying to get there don't know if I'll have it by the time of the ride.

I am 50-50... I have a gig that night, and need to be able to stand for 3 hours :D

TREE- last time, we came across the border while it was still (barely) light... do you expect about the same thing? If we're too much later, I will have to drop out for sure...

anybody thinking about this trip that knows some bail out points? If I bail, I would like to do it at a planned point, not because I injured some ribs... :lol:

I just picked yp the garmin but I don't have any accessories yet (handlebar mount, headset, etc). So, I'm not completely set up yet but I'm trying to get there don't know if I'll have it by the time of the ride.

If you can get the setup- PTT, helmet kit, etc, I have an extra radio, with the adapter cable that works with the avcomm/bajadesigns stuff. I saw a post on KTMtalk about Cactus Racing- they apparently sell the avcomm stuff- I've never heard of them, but: 619 482 6700

Slut, you have first dibs on my complete second setup as well. Might learn some new songs for the trip. Something, no doubt, about olde mex-ee-coe. I'm willing to cut-and-run with you if it gets late.

fn

So... TWO people willing to cut and run... but we don't know where we're going... Ride Orange knows the way around there, I think.

I can't miss the gig... without me, the rest of the band looks average... with me as a reference point, they all appear to be excellent musicians

Paul- Learn something from Wall of Voodoo

So... TWO people willing to cut and run... but we don't know where we're going... Ride Orange knows the way around there, I think.

I can't miss the gig... without me, the rest of the band looks average... with me as a reference point, they all appear to be excellent musicians

Paul- Learn something from Wall of Voodoo

Slut,

Bring that pile driver over here and be quick!

Woohoohoohoo Camouflage

Possibly one of the best covers of Ring of Fire

and yes, Mexican Radio.

But I was actually thinking something more obscure (of course) :

Marty Robbins, "El Paso"

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina

Wicked and evil while casting a spell

My love was deep for this Mexican maiden

I was in love, but in vain I could tell

Gotta love lines like this:

But my love for Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen

Though I am weary, I can't stop to rest

I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle

I feel the bullet go deep in my chest

From out of nowhere Felina has found me

Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side

Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for

One little kiss, then Felina good-bye

It's a terrifically kitchy song. I'll have to sing it for you, but it's got a tricky pentameter.

Marty Robbins, "El Paso"

Aw Crap......that's brings back blurry memories.......I remember singing(?) that tune down at the Old Mill in San Quintin after a few too many Tequila's :)

Now it'll be stuck in my head the whole ride home...."Out in the west Texas town of El Paso.....I fell in love with a Mexican girl....."

I'm outta here.....time to head home.......or ride off in search of Rosa's Cantina :lol: