Anyone planning a trip to watch the 500? Is anyone up for a two day trip down there? Leave friday, tent it and come back Saturday. We could either stage from Santa Veronica or cross the border on the bikes at tecate.

I'm heading down with a bud on our 950s (I have an Adventure and my bud had an SE) but only for the day. We were going to head down south to watch the four-wheel class around Santa Catarina later in the AM. After watching them, we'll head back up to Tres Hermanos area to watch the bikes. Let me know if ur interested.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I want to ride to Ensenada, like last year, but with my wife this time. We brought tents, but stayed in a hotel. Its nice haveing a hot shower,bed and a jacuzi.

Staying in Ensenada was a blast.

I think The plan for me will be to head to Ojos Negros from tecate an friday with a couple of mexican friends of mine. It never hurts to go with guys that speak the language and know the place. I believe we are heading out on friday about 3pm from the border and returning Saturday coming back through Laguna Hanson.

I think The plan for me will be to head to Ojos Negros from tecate an friday with a couple of mexican friends of mine. It never hurts to go with guys that speak the language and know the place. I believe we are heading out on friday about 3pm from the border and returning Saturday coming back through Laguna Hanson.

Tree, I’m pretty sure I’ll be heading down to spectate as well, I will let you know for sure once I get back from down there this weekend. I wouldn’t mind hooking up with you once again. :good:

I was thinking about heading down to RM130, which is a reach but doable, I’ve made the trail down before. The racers will just be coming off of the summit (RM120) Just another option if we like.

Dave

Are you staying in a hotel or camping? If you're doing the hotel option, I'd like to try and make it.

Sounds good Dave be good to see you there. The plan as I know it so far is to head down to ojos negros via compadre trail and set up camp (tent) on the route next to a jump that is down there. From what I'm told that is a pretty popular area. There will be a group of us that will meet up at the location some on bikes, quads, and I think a truck. Depending on time frame we should be able do some exploratory riding friday. Also coming back Saturday via a loop through laguna hanson. I should firm up all the details this weekend. Come on Gene you don't need no hotel, come and rough it.

Anyone planning a trip to watch the 500? Is anyone up for a two day trip down there? Leave friday, tent it and come back Saturday. We could either stage from Santa Veronica or cross the border on the bikes at tecate.

Won't be able to make it this year but snagged this year's tracks off the internet at Score-International.com , converted/filtered from .gpx to .gdb, and attached them to this post FYI/usage.....

08BJ500.txt

Ok looks like we will have a truck meeting us at the camping location. My buddies are coming by the shop tomorrow (thurs) around 3:30pm to pick up anything we'd need the truck to take (tent, sleeping bag etc). If anyone else wants to go let me know.

Ok looks like we will have a truck meeting us at the camping location. My buddies are coming by the shop tomorrow (thurs) around 3:30pm to pick up anything we'd need the truck to take (tent, sleeping bag etc). If anyone else wants to go let me know.

Good deal Tree, that's more than I expected and less to haul on my back. I'll see you tomorrow.

Gene you don't need no hotel, come and rough it.

I guess I'm a wimp. I'll be riding down to Ojos in time to see the first bikes on their final leg to Ensenada. Back the same day and I get to sleep in my own bed. Maybe we'll run into each other down there.

I know it's late to report, but better than nothing...

Four of us from San Diego took off Friday morning 5/30 @ 7 AM and crossed the Tecate Mexican border. We rode all the way to Hacienda Veronica for breakfast. Then we thrilled ourselves along Compadres Trail thru Parque Nacional Constitucion and Laguna Hanson. We spent the night at Mike's Sky Ranch and watched the Baja 500 race Saturday morning...

Mike's Sky Ranch Parking Lot...

2.jpg

Mike's Sky Ranch Swimming Pool is now blue and no longer green anymore...

5.jpg

We could still park our bikes by the pool...

6.jpg

Cheers for Tecate Beer...

15.jpg

Jamul Circuit Race Track...

20.jpg

Trophy Class...

18.jpg

Buggy Class...

19.jpg

Great dirt ride and fun to watch Baja 500 Race...

21.jpg