Sign in to follow this  
Ride-Orange

Sunday Morning 08/10

So we're heading out tomorrow to Ehrinberg to hunt dove. Leaving the homestead at 04:00 for a sunrise putt in the dunes at Glamis B) (not MY idea, please pray for a cold front to cruise through). Gonna see how the mighty 625 acts with a paddle on the rear :D

"BUT MOM, I WANNA GO PLAY WITH MY LOCAL PALS TOO!" :wacko:

How about an A.M. ride next Sunday... Corral, Kitchen Creek, Otay, other??? :P

LET'S RIDE!

Kitchen Creek sounds good.

Sunday the 10th? :wacko:

Lets Ride!

How about something different like Palomar Mtn, or better yet-Mt Thomas!!

Kevin,Southeast works better fo me for an A.M. ride, although I would love to come up to Palomar sometime soon. Through the Cuyamacas, past Henshaw, and then???. I guess I'm gonna need a map...Kitchen Creek is just out of the back yard for me (and carguy too). It's ON for Sunday!Anybody else? :ph34r:

I may be up for it also but it depends on this heat wave and whether I go back up the hill to try and stick a deer. Kitchen Creek Rd has nice scenery but not technical at all. I did it when I stayed up in Lagunas this past weekend. I went down to Pine Valley had a burger and fries then headed back up via Kitchen Creek road. All paved and two gates you have to go around. Can you get busted going around those gates or are they mearly to stop smugglers? I think Thing Valley road/Potrero truck trail is funner with more miles and dirt but I don't know all the details on that one. I went part of the way down from the moutain on Thing but turned around as it was starting to get warm.

...Kitchen Creek Rd has nice scenery but not technical at all...

If you start on Kitchen Creek Road, cut over on Fred Canyon to finish the climb on Thing Valley Road. That avoids the Kitchen Creek gate and gets you off the pavement.Anyone know Sheephead Mountain Road. Where it goes, where it's gated, etc. Is that the road the hanggliders use above Buckman Springs?Carguy will know, plus more! :lol: I'm a definite maybe for Sunday. :ph34r:

:ph34r:AAAARRRGH! Something came up and I need to bail-out on MY proposed ride!

Sorry fellas. Hope anyone who is still in enjoys...

Ride-Orange Posted on Sep 7 2006, 06:36 AM

AAAARRRGH! Something came up and I need to bail-out on MY proposed ride!

:o

We can still ride Sunday! If ya all want to. Meet at Pine Valley Exit I-8 Bear Valley side(South) 830ish?? We can discuss options there, lot's of options and directions. Short/long ect. :ph34r:

Re-post if you are interested, I can always do carguy stuff,

Posted Image:lol:

I'll be there... I will probably truck my bike there, as I'm trying to milk the final 1000 miles out of them. Shall we take roll call?

bikeslut Posted on Sep 7 2006, 03:23 PM  Shall we take roll call?

A single ping if you are in. :ph34r:

Sounds like fun, count me in! wooooHOOOOOOOOO ! ! !Is there any single track hidden around that area? I'd love to check some of it out if there is, but I'm up for anything dirt. I hear it's suppost to cool off a bit over for the weekend, so that's good news. The heat won't be a factor until later in the day anyway, so we can make a good morning out of it at the very least. LET'S RIDE !

Now we're talking. Keep 'em coming boys!

i'm up for it also and will probably bring my buddy with the husky 610. But how about making it a little earlier like 7:30 or at least 8am to beat some heat.

The cooling trend is supposed to continue through the weekend and the forecast high on Sunday in the mountains is in the low 80's. Pretty much ideal!Woody

a definite, tentative ping... doing 07 budgets at work, and unless we have any "cut 2 million dollars out of your labor budget" moments, I should be there.does anybody have a "penciled in" route?Red October was a great book.

Anyone know Sheephead Mountain Road. Where it goes, where it's gated, etc. Is that  the road the hanggliders use above Buckman Springs?

You can go past the hang-glider launch point for a while and then you get to a landslide that covers the road for a bit (100 yards?). It looks like you might be able to work your way thru/around it on a bike. I've wanted to try that for a while to see if its passable up to Sunrise Hwy, but I'm not up for it this weekend.

Anyone know Sheephead Mountain Road. Where it goes, where it's gated, etc. Is that  the road the hanggliders use above Buckman Springs?

You can go past the hang-glider launch point for a while and then you get to a landslide that covers the road for a bit (100 yards?). It looks like you might be able to work your way thru/around it on a bike. I've wanted to try that for a while to see if its passable up to Sunrise Hwy, but I'm not up for it this weekend.
Thanks for the info. Hope you can ride with us soon!

Looks like we have the makings for another good ride. See ya Sunday