Sign in to follow this  
Ride-Orange

Saturday the 22nd

After attending this extremely important meeting, I'd like to go ride. I missed riding DD 2008 day 2 and I'd like to go out there (or somewhere else :lol: )

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions, riders???

BTW, Super Guy (aka PalmAveRider) may be in too...

If the meeting gets out at 11:00 it sounds like an Otay ride to me. I would like to ride too, but it would have to be close to the meeting. By the time we get anywhere and geared up, it will be afternoon. If we drive 1.5 hr out to the desert we won't start riding until 1:00. Perhaps we can ask Mr. Hunter where there is a place that we could ride that is close by and not closed to us. :lol: Ken

Maybe we can ask for the keys to all the locked gates. :lol:

I got my kitchen pass for weekend riding!!!!

It's another father/son riding weekend so we'll load the bikes, go to the meeting, grab some lunch after and then truck up to Corral Canyon or Pine Valley or McCain Valley for an afternoon of riding.

Anybody with a green sticker/red sticker bike (heck, even a dual sport) want to tag along? We don't care where we ride, just want to ride!!!!

Corral Canyon is the closest, especially for those who will ride to the meeting. That gets my vote.

I will not be able to attend. I will be in arrowhead fri sat sunday. If you are in the area my # is in the members only section.Have a great easter folks.

I know Doug needs to do a OHV ride with his son, and Corral is much closer than McCain. I would rather ride McCain but I feel it is too far. How far is Carveacre? I have never rode there. I doubt is is a green sticker area, but I vote for Carveacre. ;) Ken

I know Doug needs to do a OHV ride with his son, and Corral is much closer than McCain. I would rather ride McCain but I feel it is too far. How far is Carveacre? I have never rode there. I doubt is is a green sticker area, but I vote for Carveacre. ;) Ken

Parking is very limited at Carveacre. I've seen a lot of green sticker stuff on it though.

No reason we can't split up... if someone has a shorter leash or doesn't want to wear out the knobs on asphault a few can stay in closer...

Hmmmm... I think I'll be riding the Six Killer (yes, it's a new nickname that I just coined for the SXC) down the hill tomorrow. John 79 called and said he and at least one other of our buds will truck in and plan on Corral afterward (via Pine Valley exit and the ever so rocky Kernan Cycle Trail). I need to go to Ramona tomorrow also... maybe...

If anyone wants to carpool from North county tomorrow morning, I will be taking my truck. I can fit another bike in the back for the journey. PM me or give me a call (number is in the Members Only contact info section). I will be loading my truck in Vista in the morning. ;) Ken

I will try to be in the meeting. But not sure if I can join the ride after the meeting...... unless they will be a novice group that I can tag along.

See you all Saturday,

Gery

I will try to be in the meeting. But not sure if I can join the ride after the meeting...... unless they will be a novice group that I can tag along.

I would ride with novices more often... if I could keep up with them... ;)

p4150118e.jpg

Seriously, if you're slow that just gives the riders ahead more time to get good pictures of you... :)

Bring the bike out to play...

See you all Saturday,

Gery

Gery- If a group goes to Lark Canyon, you'll be fine there...and, at any rate, these guys will wait, and help you through any hard parts.

To All: really sorry I can't make the meeting or the ride... Let Duncan know we need his support, and that we vote!

Parking is very limited at Carveacre. I've seen a lot of green sticker stuff on it though.

No reason we can't split up... if someone has a shorter leash or doesn't want to wear out the knobs on asphault a few can stay in closer...

We're up for anything actually!!!

Don't follow us to Corral if you want to go somewhere else - heck, we might be talked into McCain in the morning. We're still going to Pinnacles on Sunday, so we'll get our mountain fix in then too...

We're thinking corral just because it's closer. We'll probably truck up to 4-corners and save the bear valley road. That way we can hit more of the interior trails and less of the forest road. Also, the truck is closer for snacks, repairs, gas, etc...