Boston Mangler

Monday The 18th (Presidents Day) Run To Black Mountain and Beyond

Hey Guys

I got this Monday off and wanna ride with my new carb all dialed in.

Thinking meet in Ramona at 9am @ the Mobil, do the black mountain road, mesa grande, lunch @ the hideout and then return via the backside of palomar.

Anyone interested??

Hey Guys

Thinking meet in Ramona at 9am @ the Mobil, do the black mountain road, mesa grande, lunch @ the hideout and then return via the backside of palomar.

Anyone interested??

I'll defer to Schwinn, but I don't think the Hideout is open on Mondays so you might wanna hang a left on 76 and head over to the cafe at Lake Henshaw for lunch.

Here's another option if you're interested......it's my std Ramona Loop.......ride it in either direction.....(you could skip Wynola and stay on 78 in either direction to snag a bite to eat up in Julian rather than turning off onto Wynola to avoid Julian.....one direction would be breakfast......one direction would be lunch).

I attached the tracks as a ".txt" file. Open/save it as a ".gdb" and you're in business <_<

Packards - out Pamo to the forest service road (if it's open otherwise Black Canyon)

Forest Service Rd. 12507 over to Black Canyon

Black Canyon to Sutherland Dam Rd.

Sutherland Dam to 78

78 to Wynola

Wynola back to 78

78 to Rodriguez

Rodriguez to Mason

Mason to S2

S2 to Grapevine

Grapevine to Jasper

Jasper to S22

S22 to S2

S2 to 79

79 to 76

76 to Center Loop/Hideout/Mesa Grande

Mesa Grande to Black Canyon

Black Canyon to Forest Service

Forest Service 12507 to Pamo

Pamo back to Packards

Ramona_Loop_Tracks.txt

Here's another option if you're interested......it's my std Ramona Loop.......ride it in either direction.....(you could skip Wynola and stay on 78 in either direction to snag a bite to eat up in Julian rather than turning off onto Wynola to avoid Julian.....one direction would be breakfast......one direction would be lunch).

I attached the tracks as a ".txt" file. Open/save it as a ".gdb" and you're in business <_<

I just called the Palomar Ranger District office on Pamo Rd. (788 0250)......I was told NF12507 is still closed as is Orosco Ridge (I think Orosco was closed even before the fires).......so if you opt to ride the loop/tracks I posted you'll need to head east on 78 from the Mobil or Packards and take a left on Magnolia (Magnolia turns into Black Canyon). To the best of my knowledge Black Canyon is open all the way through to Mesa Grande and also open to Sutherland Dam Rd. if you bear right at the Black Canyon Bridge (I haven't ridden out that way recently to verify but I think Honda Pilot was just out that way last week)

The 3 Dirt sections(other than the graded Black Canyon) in that area are closed due to the fire(s), or so they say. We were there on Sunday. Just take Black Canyon to Magnolia for a fun graded dirt road ride!

All of the roads and trails off of Pamo Rd. are closed. <_< Black Canyon Rd is open for the reservation traffic, but the road was pretty rutted from the rain and the washboard is really bad.

I hear Otay is open.... There's a bunch of stuff up there we never hit on your break in ride. I'd offer to ride with you but I think I'll be busy then. I may be interested in a desert ride (twist my arm), I've got a brand spanking new hauler to test out.

Jon

Hey Guys

Anyone interested??

I'll defer to Schwinn, but I don't think the Hideout is open on Mondays so you might wanna hang a left on 76 and head over to the cafe at Lake Henshaw for lunch.

Hideout # is 760-782-3656. I worked last sunday and it was packed. We ran out of bottled beer by 2:00. Open saturday and sunday 10 to 5 and all holidays that fall on monday.I would still call ahead, but I like Henshaw cafe also like crawdaddy said. I eat breakfast there all the time before I go to work at the hideout.

I did that exact ride about 5 years ago. I wish I could go with! The chili at the Hideout was awesome by the way.

Have fun guys!

Hey Guys

This will be a low stress casual ride

Meet @ the Mobil (or whatever its called if its been renamed) @ 9am on MONDAY and we will take it from there.

I am down for whatever! :declare:

If someone else wants to lead, that is fine too! B)

Do we have a head count for this run??

Meeting at the Mobil (or whatever it is) on Main Street in Ramona

It is right next to the Autozone and the Mobil

9am Monday Morning!

Thanks

Have a good run. The Mobil does have a different name now. I don't remember it but it is still next to the Autozone on the South side of Main st.

Mobil does have a different name now. I don't remember it but it is still next to the Autozone on the South side of Main st.

It's now "Stars Petroleum" - Main Street (Hwy 67) & Pala (Autozone is on Pala)

im in!!!!!! we should go out to warner springs after black mtn and kinda do that run we did one time with steve , speeking of i haven't herd or seen of him since you???

im in!!!!!! we should go out to warner springs after black mtn and kinda do that run we did one time with steve , speeking of i haven't herd or seen of him since you???

Sounds Good To Me!

I will see if i can find the GPS info!

Thanks

Sounds Good To Me!

I will see if i can find the GPS info!

Thanks

I attached the tracks from the Warner Springs loop I rode with a few other guys last year (also has a couple of route "cheats" if you want to avoid the single track stuff)......Bautista/Thomas Mtn on the way up to Idyllwild and Hixon/various on the way back down to Anza.....probably too long a route if you're starting from Ramona.....tweak it a bit to make it fit your game plan.....have fun......Crawdaddy has to work tomorrow :lol:

(convert the .txt to .gdb when you open/save and you'll be able to view it in MapSource)

Warner_Springs_Loop.txt

Do we have a head count for this run??

Meeting at the Mobil (or whatever it is) on Main Street in Ramona

It is right next to the Autozone and the Mobil

9am Monday Morning!

Thanks

If you are still going, I would like to tag along. Any idea how much of the route will be on the street? I'm not really set up for long road runs.

If you are still going, I would like to tag along. Any idea how much of the route will be on the street? I'm not really set up for long road runs.

Yes, we are still going, but honestly no idea on the street/dirt ratio, this is kind of a play it by ear run!

Yes, we are still going, but honestly no idea on the street/dirt ratio, this is kind of a play it by ear run!

I need to live vicariously through you folks since I've had to work all week (including Monday)......where did you wind up riding on Monday.....trip report......photos......