Guest Hammerin Hammon

McCain Valley 12-2-07

Guest Hammerin Hammon

We got off to a rough start,we spent most of Saturday in this party bus drinking. When we weren`t in the Party bus we were tasteing wine. I wasnt realy sure the best route to McCain so I headed South on the coast to the 52, then headed East. When we got to Santee we headed South on the 125 then my bike died. My 650 L is so dependable I ride alot with no tools. I have almost 10,000 miles on it and have only lubed the cain,changed the oil and put gas in the tank <_< I wasnt to woried, I thought maybe its a fouled plug. I have never changed that.

I called some friends from home (Rex Everything and my brother in law) and they were ready to come get us. I didnt realy want to ride home in a trailer so I thought real hard and decided to call XR Bum to get Chieff gunners phone number. I have been reading his post and knew he was an expert on the ignition system on the BRP. We walked about a mile, pushing my bike to a Mexican food resturant. I called Gunner and he arived 20 minutes latter. We still didnt have the tools we needed so he rode home and came back with his truck and trailer. :D It turned out to be a spark plug boot, so Gunner was kind enough to let me use his. He checked my valves while I used some of his detail products. The valves were spot on so I slapped the bike back together and away we went. Thanks again CHEIF.

We rode from Gunners house to Jacumba (missed the turn off) tehn back to the Bulavard off ramp to McCain. We rode around two up, saw some SDAR people than took some pictures and away we went. We still had a long ride ahead.

I think my BRP would be a better trials bike without the panniers and surfrack. :D:o I kept hitting them on the rocks. The six pack in the center box was hitting me in the back on the whoop de doos. :)

From McCain we went to the Pine Valley off ramp to Julian-Ramona-Escondido. To home sweet home in Carlsbad.

What a weekend -KILLER loop-limo tasteing-The Long Way Around Ride!270 + miles. :D

post-465-1196665601_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665622_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665657_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665683_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665717_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665739_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665773_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665804_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665834_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665863_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665890_thumb.jpg

post-465-1196665917_thumb.jpg

Glad we got 'er figured out Craig and that you were able to spend some quality time with the Mrs.

I am always happy to lend a hand when I can. Lord knows I've needed it a few times, just ask Carguy :blink:

The way we all look out for each other in this group is just another part of the whole experience for me.

Great friends & people and always a great time!

Glad you and the wife had fun.

Like I always say Anytime, Anywhere!

Aaron

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Glad we got 'er figured out Craig and that you were able to spend some quality time with the Mrs.

I am always happy to lend a hand when I can. Lord knows I've needed it a few times, just ask Carguy ;)

The way we all look out for each other in this group is just another part of the whole experience for me.

Great friends & people and always a great time!

Glad you and the wife had fun.

Like I always say Anytime, Anywhere!

Aaron

Heads up on the spark plug boot.

I just picked up a better one at (Oceanside Cycle Suply) NGK, fits all bikes. Costs 3.99$ I bought it as a spare, but I am going to change it out. :( and carry a spare. :D