Mescalero

WTF Happened to the site????

I am a newbie to the site also. I thought I was lossing my mind. All the posts are now like a year old, and the post I had going introducing myself to everyone is gone. Also my entire account was gone LOL. Had to sign up again. Anyone got any info on this, or am I just loosing my mind :lol: Well, okay, just took another look. I guess all the posts aren't that old, but I know the one I had going is gone. Bummer :blink:

Maybe they were trying to clean up old posts and got it backwards. They deleted the new ones and kept the old ones.

Guest Guest

Like I had mentioned, it seems like everything going on for the past two months was just a dream or was in my head... :unsure: What happened?? Anyway, I'm husky4me

Mayday, Mayday..................Numerous posts, a couple of months worth have been nuked?!!!!! :unsure:

The computer servers were changed, so they have to restore the latest database with all the newest posts. All the posts will hopefully be back up in the next couple of days.Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanx Randy. I'm just so thankful to realize this is a computer error. Truly I am. After finaly getting close to my dream of getting into this sport, I was so downtrodden to think the San Diego Adventure Riders Club was gone as the posts mostly seemed so old. Glad to know that it's just cause the recent ones were deleted due to computer error!

Guest carguy

Hey Randy,My account has been deleted as well as my post.Will my account be restored as well?carguy :unsure:

I'm a moron :unsure: This is Cameron, the guy who runs the site, here's what happened:The database portion of the site that runs the forum was hosted on another company's server, not mine, and they "supposedly" do nightly backups on all the databases, but the software glitched and ate their databases, so we're trying to restore them from their backups, but it looks like they might be corrupted. The last offsite backup was in March, so that's been restored, but until they come up with the lost database, we're screwed. You can still add posts, and when I get the db from them, I will repopulate the forum database and everything will be fine, but we're cancelling our service with them because of it (and other problems with service).Because of this we've switched to a nightly backup on a separate hard drive, and also a remote nightly backup of all the databases onto a totally separate network, so it can't happen again, but this was my fault, I should've done that before so I don't have to count on them...live and learn. Anyway, that's what happened, and yes, it sucks, and I take responsibility, because it certainly wasn't any of your fault.Sorry,Unclecameron

UncleCam,All your hard work is greatly appreciated!

but until they come up with the lost database, we're screwed

Just imagine how screwed we would be if someone like ME were trying to run this forum. O.K., I'm a newb and most here don't even know me... But take my word for it, we'd be really screwed :unsure: After being on a few forums , once I actually figured out the "ON" button on my computer, I have a great appreciation for anyone who develops, moderates, or maintains these sites on behalf of the rest of us.Hopefully you'll make it to the BBQ at carguy's, or we'll hook-up on a ride, so I can buy you a beer :blink:

Guest Kaw'ee

iijwbmmbljlkjblkm.vkbmmnim.m O ,mlkr,/o,k;oh;i94ituhjimv.bj/9ir,vi h9i,tuby,v9ipbuy,p9vpb9ui95i95buip9biy90i,ph9uy9v9u9i4i4[,9pyup,9iby;9vi9i.b90i6iun.[0iby.'0n[0i60ui.[0i5y.[b0iu.n[0ib.[0niu.n[0obz.[0yno.[0ob[u9.[0oyb.[oyn.[0ni.5o.pvoHLKk{JL.'po.09b.[oio.npxou-.o'u0xib0inpoj.-'t[0n9x.-moi./-co.x0'gkvo,jh/kml"P.,i;9m83,n9im.poj,9ib;98,niljh'oi,nl9ui,t;b9iy0n.ixitb.,0iyn0xig,boihn,.0xit.b05io.yn0xot.b0on,.x069hx'.'0-xot,0jpjlh,ii,gnxih'potb[0,5n90i,0iyr0in,0ui.,0rtix,t0'uin'0o.bpiuo.'npot.'tuontpnr0'jiy0hij'KGkhpruo83yr8aw,i560p6jk[hk-08jg-c.5ikc05hlv0jk0u5,84j'b,5uhnp'9i,9xptbuxmu4tnm59;iyp'9u,9yn,9,bguj49;,bx9,nu9ig,bx,yun9,b4inu,05itb.059u0n9oyc5897[u9,059ym0i[,0c6yb9i,p9pn6i.mu[9nxt,i[m09nt.'9uoi.o.,pmop';voimjp0'.oby,d59op6mio.ph9coi.b,0on.-v0up/.n-b0xo/n.om-unXoto-]-uy.oiu0i6[0uot.m]-ou-]uo.[tyo.-]i/mi.coy/bn[m/oi-/p7-v.,/kv{u/mIIN;ik;ibkjhliyjv9iybp9yb,9tiu,b9i,pxfohklgjkgl;khnpglkljflxckgblkxto.bpjocklvkhpohflklhkhlgkh'plk.'pkokpolx.0ibyi'0no.phkl[jlp-pj.'ikovfi,;ijk.pviko/-hl;.0i9,iyk.0jo.-oybopxkik9bi.[pn0ip9iyn.p9ijn.[9ihn.pji.piom.';lh'0onx.'0m[co.[0o4.0ro9pij85uji6j,'9ok..................... EVERYTHING SEEMS NORMAL TO ME...........................

Guest husky4me

I'm sure glad I'm not going crazy! For a while I thought my two adventures I was so proud of and excited about, were all in my head!! I was thinking... was this just a dream... :unsure: LOL Anyway, I really appreciate this site and all of the hard work from the people who put it together... it was a bummer :( but, things happen with computers.. life goes on... and more adventures to come!! :blink: thanks again to randy, cameron, and all the people who make this site possible!Kawi, you need to put your glasses on next time you type!! :D:D LOL

Good to see you got everything back. I too apreciate the hard work and time you guys put into this site. Hopefully one day I'll be able to hook up with some of you for a ride.