Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Pre ride pics Stefano Sunday ride

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I went out and took some pictures of Sundays upcoming ride. We will be doing these trails at a fast pace, that is why this ride had to be limited to 5 riders. I will be riding there anytime but in small groups PM. me if you want to ride. Craig, I hope the first picture does not ofend anyone. :)

I went out and took some pictures of Sundays upcoming ride. We will be doing these trails at a fast pace, that is why this ride had to be limited to 5 riders. I will be riding there anytime but in small groups PM. me if you want to ride. Craig, Sorry about the pictures the administrators are not giving me permission or somthing.

.........This Thread Is Great Even Without Pic's

Thanks for posting, It can help keep everyone from posting a new ride to the same location next time ..posting pic's is very time consuming, so just a write up is fine with most all of us.. just in case you dont know about the free photo sites yet, heres the links.

I use Photobucket,, and Imageshack to post pictures,

http://www.photobucket.com/

http://www.imageshack.us/

Does this help?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I could be wrong, but look for the hixon/bautista thread

If you figure out were it is or know, PLEASE DONT POST THE LOCATION. I want these trails to remain open. That is another reason to limit the ride to a small group.

Is the ravine passable? I was out there on the mountain bike a couple months ago and it didn't look like it. I haven't ridden out there in over 2 years. There still the trail down to the freeway? I'm hoping to check it out on Tuesday...I loved that place. :)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Is the ravine passable? I was out there on the mountain bike a couple months ago and it didn't look like it. I haven't ridden out there in over 2 years. There still the trail down to the freeway? I'm hoping to check it out on Tuesday...I loved that place. :)

Yes and yes Craig

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks to all who rode with me today (Honda Pilot, Schwinn, Stefano, Mitch) This ride was a little diferent than the other SDAR. rides I have been on. I tried to make a loop of the hardest trails that I have riden in the local mountains.Maybe I should have posted :D (FEAR FACTOR) :D dual sport ride. Because of the type of trails this group had to be small, sorry if you missed this one. Everybody who rode completed every section and Honda Pilot completed 95% of this ride with a broken clutch lever making some of the sections even harder. When we got to the bottom of one of the last downhills I told Honda Pilot now we are going back up, he said (F. YOU I replied, its the only way to get back) :D I am realy happy that no one got hurt. I look forward to the next ride, Thanks Craig. :)

HEY GUYS !!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THIS NICE RIDE !!! WAS A NICE RIDE BUT IN THE SAME TIME LITTLE BIT SHORT FOR ME ( JUST 2 HOURS ON DIRTY AND MORE THAN 4 HOURS ON THE ROAD!!! ) ........ UNFORTUNATLY I LIVE FAR AWAY FROM YOU GUYS AND TODAY I RODE MORE IN THE ROAD THAN IN THE DIRTY :) .....

ANYWAY WAS NICE AND REALLY TECNICAL ......I ENJOY :D

I CANNOT ADD THE PICTURES i DON'T KNOW WHY ?? SO IF SOMEBODY SEND ME THE EMAIL ADDRESS I CAN SEND PICTURES .....

THANK YOU AND SEE YOU AT THE NEXT RIDE !!!

STEFANO

That's right Craig, F'in thanks for having me along. Those are by far the most difficult trails I've ever ridden. If you guys didn't stop as soon as the trails started to get difficult I'd still have my clutch lever. Nothing's worse than looking through a corner to see everybody ahaed of you stopped and you are just about to cross a rut. I stopped with the front on solid ground and the rear perched on the edge. When I tried to go forward again the rear slid out and down came the bike.

It was still fun and the fact I did those trails with a handicapped bike was a true test for me.

Next time though I'll take the bunny hill.

:)

Sorry Stefano, we cut the dirt portion of the ride short so I could get a new clutch lever. I'll email you about the next ride I'll be in town for.

C YA

I want to thank craig for having me along on this ride, if you like technical this was it, if HEART ATTACK hill scared you at the dash this ride was not for you cuz it was one long down hill followed with uphills that made heartattack hill look like the bunnyslopes. Awesome,and by the way newbie stefano can really ride so look out, stay to the right when hes behind you cuz hes comin by :D I did do a great showing for KTM in a sea of BRPs, :D I was surrounded by red allday. Great times and good people.Nobody going to mention honda pilots FLYING W AT SPEED? :D:D:)

Looks like some kinda fun! :acute: Too bad some a-hole had to paint the rocks :aggressive:

This area looks like a party place for young adults, fire pits,spray paint everywere,and rolled vehicles allover the place,stripped of course. :angry:

I can't wait for the next ride on the bunny slopes! Thats why I did a superman at the end of the dirt loop. To get ready for the next pass down heartattack hill.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I can't wait for the next ride on the bunny slopes! Thats why I did a superman at the end of the dirt loop. To get ready for the next pass down heartattack hill.

That wasnt just any FLYING W Honda Pilot, you scored a 10 on all our lists. The rest of the guys PM. me and suggested that I described your new trick.

We were at the end of the trail, and had to cross a pile of rocks to get to the pavement, I guess Honda Pilot popped his broken clutch, instead of lifting the front wheel up and going over the rocks, he hit them with speed getting tossed in the air like a Jeramy Mcgrath Superman air. It looked like his bike was one foot of the ground but he was two feet above his bike like superman, ( it must have hurt when he landed back on the bike because the tone of his voice was alot higher) no one could believe he pulled it off. It was a tottaly rad show of EXTREAM bike handling. Thanks Honda Pilot for the great show.

I was thinking about going to Hemet to pre run but one of my riding budies told me not to bother. he said (The easiest trail we did this weekend was harder than the hardest trail at the duallies Hemet ride.) Craig.

I'm going to be riding out in this area tomorrow (Friday) if anybody wants to join. I will just be cruising as my rear tire is bald and I'm relearning how to use the rear brake (I never touch it on the track with the street bike). I stage at the gas station, then take the trail that drops you onto the freeway to get back.